DescriptionJunkyard Adventures: Space is one of a series of edutainment games set in an Australian junkyard. After a short animation the player is presented with the game menu, this is a colourful picture of a junkyard that has four game areas, the car, shed, the tip and the mineshaft. The player can access these by either clicking on the hotspots or the icons at the bottom of the screen, each plays a little song as it opens.
- The Car: the old car has two activities, the I-Spy quiz and the Space Quiz.
- The I-Spy Quiz is a sort of hidden object game for children, the players are asked to find objects such as ‘five blue stars’ or ‘one sizzling sun’ and must click on the correct objects. There is only one screen but the game can be replayed as different objects are asked for each time.
- The space Quiz is a one or two player game. Each quiz consists of ten multiple choice questions, players press a button on the keyboard to ‘buzz in’ and then select the appropriate answer, though the answers on screen are short when confirming if the player is correct or otherwise the game slips in a bit more information.
- The Shed: the main activity here is ‘Rosey’s Rocket’ which is a short story that has three game modes:
- The player can step through a page at a time – in which case they will be asked questions at the end of each page. There are lots of hotspots in the pictures which trigger a comment or a piece of information, there are usually multiple pieces of information per hotspot.
- They can sit back and have the game not read the story but sing the story to them, or
- They can skip the story and page through the pictures which can be coloured in on screen and/or printed out
- The Mineshaft: this leads to The Recycle Room which is another art activity, here the player combines images of bins, piles, planets to produce a work of art that can be saved and printed
- The Tip: this launches the Alien Game. This is a simple game in which red, blue and green stars travel down the screen from top to bottom. At the bottom of the screen are three aliens one red, one blue and one green, who love catching stars and the player uses the left/right arrows to move them around to make sure that they do. Occasionally a space ship appears and extra points can be gained by shooting it.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Learn All About Space" -- The alternate title of GSP's Piggy Bank release
- "Learn About Space" -- The title of GSP's Piggy Bank release
|Cute game for the young||piltdown_man (138874)|
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.