DescriptionKnights of the Cross is a strategy game based upon historic facts and a Polish novel written by Henryk Sienkiewicz on the 15th Century conflicts between Polish and German nations. The game covers the period before and after the battle of Tannenberg (Grunwald) in the year 1410, one of most important battles of medieval history and one of great importance for both the Polish and German people.
It is a turn-based strategy game in which you can choose to play as a knight with your own army of either sides, following the orders of the King of the Polish Kingdom or the Grand Master of the Teutonic Order.
You can fight up to 102 battles, 49 Polish and 53 German. As you finish the battles you can buy new units or upgrade old ones, as well as new equipment for your units (swords, armor, longbows and crossbows).
Different weather conditions (rain, snow, storms) affect your gameplay: direction and power of the wind influence the aiming precision of bowmen.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Рыцари креста" -- Russian Spelling
- "Krzyżacy" -- Polish Title
- "Knights of the Cross: la bataille de Grunwald est entre vos mains" -- French tag-lined title
- "Knights of the Cross: Die Schlacht um Tannenberg" -- German Title
- "Cavaleiros da Cruz" -- Brazilian Title
- "1410: Teutoonide Viimane Rünnak" -- Estonian Title
Part of the Following Groups
|Do you want to bear the cross?||Xa4 (268)|
|GameStar (Germany)||Dec, 2002||71 out of 100||71|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Jan 22, 2003||10 out of 20||50|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Apr 29, 2006||9 out of 20||45|
|PC Games (Germany)||Dec 23, 2002||20 out of 100||20|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Version differencesThe French release does not come with a manual, not even a .pdf file on disc.
Related Web Sites
- Knights of the cross (Official website)