DescriptionKoziołek Matołek Idzie do Szkoły (Matołek the Billy Goat Goes to School) is an educational game based on a popular Polish character, Koziołek Matołek (Matołek the Billy Goat). The game is a set of mini-games, set in Pacanów, a town featuring heavily in the Matołek books.
Each mini-game has three difficulty levels. Each screen contains a help icon which, when clicked, will activate a voiceover with spoken instructions.
The mini-games available are as follows:
- "The Great Coloring Machine" - this game offers two methods of play: the player either colors the image according to the commands given by the machine (and gets rewarded by a short animation when he finishes), or just paints freely however he wants. Only five colors - yellow, blue, red, white, black - are available, but at higher difficulty levels, the player can mix the colors together.
- Memory game - a classic Concentration game, which can be played either with a computer or with a friend. The player reveals bottle caps in hopes of finding two matching elements. The images on the caps can be letters, numbers, pictures or shapes (depending on the player's choice).
- Film studio - the player is presented with three short clips, and has to put them in the proper order so that the short animation composed of them will make sense.
- Costume party - at the Easy and Medium difficulty, the player has to dress Matołek in a costume which matches that of his wife; on the Hard difficulty, both Matołek and his wife can be dressed up however the player wants. To dress up the characters, the player clicks on their head, torso or legs in order to match all three into a proper costume. There is a time limit.
- Connect the dots - a connect-the-dots puzzle where the player has to click on the numbered dots in the proper order. A narrator keeps making quips as more and more of the picture is revealed, and when it is finished, a short animation plays.
- Forge - the player is presented with a forge filled with various objects. The forge's blacksmith then loses a few items (three to five, depending on difficulty) which vanish slowly. The player has to remember which exactly items vanished and then buy them at a market.
- Caterpillar invasion - to defend a cabbage from being eaten by incoming caterpillars, the player has to click on the button which corresponds to the symbol over the caterpillar. This activates a sprinkler which chases the caterpillar away. When enough caterpillars are shooed out, the game ends in victory. The symbols can be letters, numbers or shapes.
- Archery - there are two modes of play here: a single-player game, taking place over 5 rounds, where the player is given a number and has to shoot specific areas of the target so that the hit numbers sum up to the goal number; or a two-player game where the players compete to get more points. The mouse-controlled crosshair is shaking all the time.
- Dungeon - Matołek has to explore a top-down dungeon to find a treasure chest. Each room has four exits, and contains a sign in each room that tells the geographical direction the player needs to go in. The dungeon also contains ghosts and skeletons that slowly scare Matołek when he gets near them (if he gets too scared, he runs away from the dungeon) and, sometimes, switches that need to be activated in the proper order to open up the exit. The treasure chest itself is protected with a logical "Mastermind" game.
- "Matołek the Billy Goat goes to school" - The eponymous mini-game is a classic board game where the objective is to get to the end of the board before the other competitors. The players (from two to four) all make dice rolls in turns. Throughout their travelling, the players will have to play the earlier mini-games in order to advance up the board or be forced to go backwards.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.