1001 Video Games
Left 4 Dead 2
appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die
by General Editor Tony Mott.
The game was banned in Australia on September 15, 2009 due to excessive violence. Valve
submitted an appeal against the RC decision, but submitted an edited version which was rated MA15+. Valve did this merely as a backup in case that the appeal would fail. On October 22, 2009, Left 4 Dead 2
was banned a second time. The edited version of the game includes no depictions of decapitations, dismemberment, wound detail, or piles of bodies lying about the environment.
The U.S. game cover originally had a hand with two fingers and the three others torn off (whereas the first game
had only the thumb missing). The ESRB ruled that 3 missing fingers was too gory so the pinky and ring finger were re-added but tucked behind the hand. In the UK, it was further changed so it showed the palm side as the two-finger sign when pointed at a viewer is an insult. German and Japanese covers show no missing fingers due to censor rules.
The German version features the same changes as the Australian version described above. However, if you have the German version of this game, or are playing with someone who has it, you can find the MP5, Scout, AWP, SG552, and knife from Counter-Strike: Source
Rochelle is wearing a Depeche Mode T-shirt.
Information also contributed by
Big John WV,
- Cheat Code Central
- 2009 - Xbox 360 Game of the Year
- 2009 - Best Horror Game
- 2009 - It Never Gets Old Award
- 2009 - Best Use of Frying Pan
- 2009 - Worst DLC
- 2009 - Best Cooperative Multiplayer (Editor Choice)
- 2009 - Best Cooperative Multiplayer (Readers' Choice)
- 2009 - The Broken Controller Award
- 2009 - Overall Best Multiplayer
- 2009 - Best PC Multiplayer Game
- 2009 - PC Award for Excellence in Sound
- Spike TV
- 2009 - Best Xbox 360 Game