LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (Windows)

Written by  :  TarquinnFF3 (290)
Written on  :  May 21, 2014
Rating  :  3.71 Stars3.71 Stars3.71 Stars3.71 Stars3.71 Stars

read more reviews by TarquinnFF3

Summary

A flawed, but endearing LEGO game.

The Good

This is my favorite LEGO game to date. The sheer amount of content is incredible. I beat the main story line and was only 20% done with the game. Tons of bonus content, Deadpool bonus missions, and so many unlockable characters.

There is also a very high replay value. With the achievements and unlockables in this game I find myself constantly coming back to the game to collect one more character, one more achievement or to complete one more mission. It is a great, light-hearted game that doesn't take itself too seriously. It is also casual enough to play a little bit at a time.

The Bad

There are some bugs here and there, and the flying races make me want to claw my eyes out because of how clunky the flight controls are. You can only move in eight directions in this game and if you get in between two of those directions the character will jitter back and forth between the two directions.

I also wish there was some indication of when a new area can be unlocked on the map without having to constantly check locations to see if you have enough bricks to unlock them. It would be fine if the hub world was smaller but it is a scale recreation of Manhattan, so there is a lot to take in and explore.

Apart from fighting the direction controls and some of the races in the game there really isn't a high level of difficulty.

The Bottom Line

I didn't grow up with Marvel comics, only watching Marvel TV shows and movies, but I'm surprised at how many of the characters I recognize. On top of that, I'm finding new characters to enjoy and greater appreciation for characters I may not have liked so much.

If you are a fan of any of the Marvel super heroes this game is a must. All your favorites are here. The only character I like that I haven't seen in the game so far is Nightcrawler, but he's not really a main line character. That being said, I did find Squirrel Girl (who?), so yeah.