Alternate endingThe game features a series of easter eggs which show each and every one of the girls in a more...uhm, "revealing" form, and if the player manages to score all the points, gets all the easter eggs, and finds all the dildos an alternate ending is unlocked.
Cybersniff 2000The original version of Love for Sail came packaged with a "Cybersniff 2000" card reminiscent of the "Scratch'n'Sniff" goodie from Infocom's classic Leather Goddesses of Phobos. In certain locations and situations throughout Larry's adventure, the game displays a blinking number to indicate a specific smell. You're supposed to scratch the corresponding square on the card and sniff.
The nine smells:
Square Smell Location(s) 1 Sea breeze Decks / Mast 2 Coconut Drew / Forward Hold 3 Deodorant Aft Hold 4 Vanilla Owner's Suite / Smell Handkerchief 5 Fart Casino 6 Moldiness Cabin / Aft Hold 7 Fish Kitchen / Lovemaster 2000 8 Cheese Smell Cheese / Smell Mold 9 Chocolate Desert Room
Logic errorsPlayers can still use the courtesy phone to talk to Mr. Boning even after he's dead.
- The music playing at the spa with the Juggs is the same as the title music from Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist.
- The music that is playing when Larry enters Captain Thygh's room is from Wagner's Tannhäuser. This opera deals with the conflict between physical love and spiritual ideals.
NovelIn 1997 there was a German novelization of the game named Die verrückten Abenteuer des Larry Laffer by Steve Whitton (ISNB 3-404-13928-3).
Picture wallThe left wall of the high security hallway leading up to the PMS Bouncy's staff break room is lined with pictures of alleged former winners of Captain Thygh's contest (see screenshots section). These are photos of real-life persons. The most obviously recognizable one is Bill Clinton, President of the United States at the time of Love for Sail's release. But who are the other nine people?
15 years after the game's release, in August 2011, Sierra's Al Lowe, Mark Seibert and Ken Williams recall most of them:
Top row, left to right:
- Cendant's Walter Forbes, then Sierra board member, as of 2011 convicted criminal
- Bill Clinton, President of the United States
- Mike Brochu, then Sierra president
- Randy Dersham of Dynamix
- Jeff Tunnell, Dynamix founder
Bottom row, left to right:
- Ken Williams, Sierra founder
- Jerry Bowerman, then Ken William's assistant
- Scott Lynch, then head of Sierra development, as of 2011 COO of Valve.
On the last two, even the triumvirate has to pass after all these years. If anyone can clear up the mystery, please contribute!
- All of the names for the babes in Larry 7 (except the final one) are based on real female celebrities:
- Victorian Principles (Victoria Principal)
- Dewmi More (Demi Moore)
- Jamie Lee Coitus (Jamie Lee Curtis)
- The Juggs (The Judds)
- Drew Baringmore (Drew Barrymore)
- Annette Boning (Annette Bening)
- The four men that order a martini in the casino, represents the actors that have portrayed James Bond in the 007 films up to the game's release (except George Lazenby): Roger Moore, Sean Connery, Timothy Dalton and Pierce Brosnan.
- After Victorian principles changes into "Vicki", you can see that she's playing Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out! on her PC.