Not an American user?
DescriptionLimbo of the Lost is an adventure game that puts the player in the role of an advisor to Captain Benjamin Spooner Briggs who has been dropped into Limbo's Keep of the Lost Souls. In that place between mortality and the afterlife, the seal on the Book of Sufferance has been broken and must be restored. Captain Brigg must find the Book and foil the plans of Fate who desires to control all of mankind.
Played in first person with a point-and-click interface, direct the Captain on-screen during his quest. As an advisor, the player does not control Captain Briggs directly but can only guide him in his actions. Captain Briggs can, and sometimes will, disagree with his "advisor" and do something entirely different.
The game is not completely serious and not completely ghoulish in that it contains offbeat humor and a dark atmosphere rolled into one. It plays out in six chapters and contains inventory-based puzzles with a point and click interface. There are over 30 non-player characters to talk with and many objects to find and use. There is background music and sound effects add to the realism.
An extra DVD was shipped in the original package containing the introduction, game development footage, artwork and screenshots.
Although it contains an original story line, it has been claimed and proven that Limbo of the Lost contains graphics, backgrounds, and other design elements stolen from many other commercial games. That forced publishers and distributors to immediately pull the game.
- "Город потерянных душ" -- Russian spelling
Part of the Following Groups
|So bad that it is funny||Fredrik NOD (47)|
The Press Says
|Just Adventure||Jan 11, 2008||B||75|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Apr 08, 2008||31 out of 100||31|
|7Wolf Magazine||Apr 30, 2008||3 out of 10||30|
|Boomtown||Jun 19, 2008||0 out of 10||0|
|Game Revolution||Aug 20, 2008||F||0|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Interview with Steve Bovis -- developer interview by Randy Sluganski of Just Adventure (March 14, 2007)
- [In which I play] Limbo of the Lost -- A complete playthrough of the game, in the form of screenshots (and witty commentary).
- King of Limbo -- a video of the game's ending with a song composed for the game that became very popular on the internet for a while, hosted on YouTube
- Limbo of the Lost - Interview with Steve Bovis -- by Gordon Aplin formerly posted on Quandaryland (December, 2006)
- Limbo of the Lost Wiki -- find out more about the game and the plagiarism scandal on this Wiki
- Limbo of the Lost - Wikipedia -- history of the game and more on the open encyclopedia website
Jeanne (75627) added Limbo of the Lost (Windows) on Oct 12, 2008
families and friends for their support and encouragement during the development of Limbo of the Lost