DescriptionIn this online RPG of Korean origin, the player can explore the medieval world of Lineage as one of the four available character classes: elf, knight, prince, or wizard. Knights are physical fighters, wizards are proficient in magic, while playing as an elf or a prince require a combination of both. After you create a character, your main goal in the game will be to gain enough experience and to join one of the existent blood pledges, which are equivalent to guilds in other games. As a prince, you can also create your own blood pledge.
The combat in the game is action-based, and the world is viewed from an isometric perspective, similar to Ultima Online. A large part of the game is dedicated to item hunting. By finding and combining different items (mostly dropped by defeated enemies) you can create your own weapons and armor. You can also tame animals you encounter in the wilderness. When tamed, those animals will help you in combat.
There are no Windows screenshots for this game.
- "天堂" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Tian Tang" -- Chinese title (romanized)
- "리니지" -- Korean spelling
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Gamer's Pulse||Dec 05, 2001||85 out of 100||85|
|GameZone||Sep 03, 2002||8.1 out of 10||81|
|IGN||Dec 12, 2001||7.8 out of 10||78|
|Entertainmentopia||Nov 18, 2001||B-||67|
|GameSpot||Jan 09, 2002||5.5 out of 10||55|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Ncsoft: Lineage (Official website)
- Richard Garriott Interview about Lineage (by IGN (Nov. 28, 2001))
- The World of Lineage (Community site contains guides, screens, information and resources)
- Welcome to Lineage (An Apple Games article about the Macintosh version of Lineage, with commentary being provided by Executive Producer Richard Garriott (February, 2002).)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.