- Сюжет, достойный высокобюджетного фантастического фильма.
- Более 150 тщательно прорисованных локаций, расположенных в двух непохожим мирах.
- Более 70 озвученных персонажей.
- Живая анимация персонажей, созданная с помощью технологии Motion capture.
- Высококачественные видеоролики общей продолжительностью в 20 минут.
Девушке снятся драконы и говорящие деревья - к чему бы это… Обычная влюблённость? Начало шизофрении? Или она - очередная Избранная, которой нужно спасти мир?
Эйприл Райан (18 лет, художница, не замужем) – главная героиня этого приключения. Ей не хочется спасать мир, но придётся. Причём сразу два: сказочный мир магии, и пахнущий бензином мир технологий.
Бесконечное путешествие сведёт её со злыми волшебниками, психованными хакерами, тысячелетними жрецами, одним на редкость болтливым вороном и прочими колоритными личностями. Кто из них друг, кто – враг, а кто - лишь игра воображения, покажет финал.
Contributed by Klaster_1 (58035) on Feb 14, 2011.
Empire to publish in UKOslo, 16th March 2000 - Funcom is pleased to announce an exclusive publishing agreement with Empire Interactive for the adventure game "The Longest Journey". The popular adventure game has already been launched in five different language versions across Europe (French, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, and German), and the agreement with Empire Interactive secures distribution of the English version in the UK territory.
Empire's Managing Director Ian Higgins states "Empire is very excited to have secured the exclusive UK rights to this stunning game. We will be working very closely with the developer to realise the great potential of what will be THE best Adventure of the year".
"The Longest Journey" takes place 200 years into the future in a world based on science and technology. You play the 18 year-old art student April Ryan. She is an ordinary girl that all of a sudden gets her life turned up side down as she discovers the existence of a parallel world full of magic and strange creatures. April Ryan has the power to shift between these two worlds, and she soon discovers that she has a very important mission in life.
The game is packed with amazing graphics, motion captured characters appearing in full 3D, challenging puzzles, and features 50 speaking characters, 160 detailed locations and about 30 minutes of movie sequences. In total, there are about 60 hours of game-play for the average gamer.
"We believe that the market is ready for a game like this," adds VP Marketing at Funcom, Tomas Schreiner. "Very few good adventure games have been released in the past few years, and we hope that `The Longest Journey' is the game people have been waiting for".
Empire Interactive will launch the game at Easter and is already planning an extensive marketing & PR campaign for the title and will be working closely with Funcom to maximise coverage for this exciting title.
Contributed by Jeanne (75612) on Jun 28, 2009.
PC Joker Heft & Spiel"Ein fantastisches Abenteuer - 83%"
POWER PLAY"... eine uneingeschränkte Empfehlung wert - 81%"
PC PLAYER"Bemerkenswerte Story ... beste Rätselkost - 82%"
Contributed by Xoleras (66218) on May 31, 2005.
Between science and magic, between order and chaos, between Stark and Arcadia, there is an ancient Balance.
- "The Longest Journey" is an epic 3D adventure spanning over one hundred and fifty locations across two distinct and detailed worlds
- Immerse yourself in an exciting and original storyline, interact with over fifty unique characters, enjoy more than 30 minutes of high-resolution video, and solve a huge variety of story-oriented puzzles
- More than fifty hours of playing time!
- "The Longest Journey" features a stunning mix of 2D and 3D high-resolution graphics in both 16- and 32-bit colour, and supports Microsoft Direct3D(TM) compatible graphics accelerator cards
- Skeletal animation system uses real-time interpolation and motion-captured data combined with highly detailed 3D characters for a smooth and life-like experience
- TLJ is likely to become one of this year's hottest adventure games.
Marek Bronstring, Adventure Gamer, August 1999
- This offering has more technological innovation in its visuals than any other adventure title I have seen.
Bob Mandel, Adrenaline Vault, August 1999
- April Ryan leaves Ms. Croft in the dust.
Adrian Brown, Gamepen, August 1999
- What pushes the marks up are the wonderful storyline, the motion capture animations and graphics, and the music.
Beta Bites, August 1999
For thousands of years, this Balance has weighted the scales of the cosmos evenly, ensuring harmony between the twin worlds.
But now, in an age of great turmoil, chaos threatens to turn the scales and bring our most terrifying dreams to life.
The Guardian of the Balance has abandoned his throne...
The armies of the Vanguard are advancing...
A storm is coming...
And the fate of worlds is in the hands of one person.
Her name is April. She is a Shifter. The power to walk between worlds is within her grasp, and her destiny is foretold in a hundred tales. But the tides of Chaos gain momentum with every passing second, and those who would be gods will not stand idly by. How, then, can one person prevail against impossible odds...
April's future is shrouded in a veil of mystery, and the journey ahead is treacherous and winding.
A journey not only through twin worlds, but into her own heart and soul.
This is the longest journey of them all.
Contributed by Swordmaster (131) on Oct 31, 2002.
The Guardian of the Balance has abandoned his throne and the armies of Vanguard are advancing...
Between Stark and Arcadia there is an ancient balance. For thousands of years this Balance has weighed the scales of the cosmos evenly, ensuring harmony between science, magic, order and chaos. But, now in an age of great turmoil, chaos threatens to tip the scales and bring terrifying dreams to life.
As the tides of chaos gain momentum the fate of everything lies in the hands of one person.
Her name is April Ryan. She is a Shifter. The power to walk between worlds is within her grasp and her destiny is foretold in a hundred tales.
The journey ahead is treacherous, winding and shrouded in mystery, this is the longest journey of them all.
* An epic futuristic tale of adventure, magic and intrigue.
* Become immersed in an exciting and original story-line, featuring over fifty unique characters.
* Explore over 150 beautifully detailed locations.
* Solve a huge variety of story-oriented puzzles.
* Over 50 hours gameplay.
Contributed by andyhat (1910) on May 14, 2000.