At the end of Closed Beta 2 and before Open Beta started, the developers went toe to toe with players in Monster Play. Developers entered PvMP (Player vs. Monster Player) as player characters (Peeps) and players were able to either join them as player characters, or attack them as monster characters (Creeps). This large battle lasted until the servers crashed.
On 1st June 2011 developer Turbine
took over full control of the game, from Codemasters
Information also contributed by Riamus.
- Games for Windows Magazine
- March 2008 - #10 Game of the Year in the 2007 PC Game Awards
- 2007 – #6 PC Game of the Year
- 2007 – PC MMO of the Year
- 2007 – Best Use of a License of the Year
- Golden Joystick Awards
- 2007 - PC Game of the Year