DescriptionThe Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth II follows the lesser known story of the War of the North, which took place at the same time as the trilogy. So instead of a retelling of the story of the movies, EA has managed to get the rights for Tolkien's other works, providing the players with nearly all of the author's mythos.
In this game, the Good and Evil sides have been divided into races: you can now control Elves, Dwarves and Men of West (on the Good side) and Isengard, Mordor and the Goblins (on the Evil side) independently. Still of vital importance are the heroes. The game also allows you to create your own custom hero units - including role, appearance and powers. New to Battle for Middle Earth II are naval units and naval combat.
The Collector's Edition includes:
- A bonus DVD with HD trailers, cinematic movies, behind-the-scenes footage, interviews, an extensive collection of game art and the game's full music tracks.
- A War in the North campaign poster, demonstrating the advance of both Good and Evil campaigns.
- In-game bonus exclusives including maps such as Weathertop and Argonath, Create-a-Hero options the identify the player as a Collector's Edition owner in-game and an all-new Dragon unit.
There are no Windows screenshots for this game.
- "Der Herr der Ringe: Die Schlacht um Mittelerde II (Collector's Edition)" -- German Title
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Sage 3D
- Inspiration: Author - J. R. R. Tolkien
- Technology: amBX
- The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth series
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaAt least in the Collector's Edition, the Create-a-hero option includes all the heroes from another EA-published, Lord of the Rings licensed game: The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age.
Related Web Sites
- Clan DLAN - Academia de Sundabar (Unofficial Spanish translation patch, hosted by Clan DLAN)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.