Advertising BlurbsPress release (6th January 2006):
- Exclusive Bonus DVD with content provided in High Definition (HD)
- Mastered in HD for the ultimate high resolution experience on your PC
- Entire musical score including original music created exclusively for The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II
- In-game cinematics and trailers in high resolution and surround sound
- "The Making of The Battle for Middle-earth II": The story of the team behind The Battle for Middle-earth series including never before seen videos and exclusive interviews with key development team members
- "The Art of the Game": The ultimate collection of artwork created for the game, including hundreds of cinematic paintings and key pieces of concept work
- Exclusive In-Game Content
- All new fire-breathing Dragon – on the battlefield, this impressive unit can only be controlled by players who purchase the Collector's Edition
- Special graphic treatment for "create-a-hero" units identify Collector's Edition gamers during on-line play
- Multiple exclusive maps including signature locations from The Lord of the Rings films – such as Weathertop and Argonath
- Exclusive Campaign Map Poster
- Two-sided, 11x17 colour poster
- Gorgeous high resolution map of Middle-earth created exclusively for the game – "Good" side lists out all the campaign locations from the good campaign while the "Evil" side lists out its campaign locations and descriptions
- The perfect companion piece while playing the Good or Evil game missions
EA ANNOUNCES THE LORD OF THE RINGS, THE BATTLE FOR MIDDLE-EARTH II COLLECTOR'S EDITIONHighly Anticipated PC Sequel to Offer First Ever Collector's Edition Full of Bonus Content
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., 6 January, 2006 – Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced The Lord of the Rings™, The Battle for Middle-earth™ II Collector's Edition – the first ever Collector's Edition DVD release from the highly successful The Lord of the Rings franchise. The sequel to last holiday's critically acclaimed PC game is filled with exclusive The Lord of the Rings™ game content that will offer fans an opportunity to delve into parts of the Middle-earth they've never seen before.
Scheduled to ship simultaneously with The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II in February 2006, The Lord of the Rings™, The Battle for Middle-earth™ II Collector's Edition will be available at select retailers and is rated 12+ by PEGI.
Expanding on The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth, the new real-time strategy (RTS) game will allow players to engage in heated battles with Elvin and Dwarve armies plus heroes and creatures that have never been seen in The Lord of the Rings films. The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II Collector's Edition will offer everything the sequel does plus entirely new and exclusive content.
For the first time ever, The Lord of the Rings fans will now have access to all the behind-the-scenes details of creating the blockbuster The Lord of the Rings PC game. The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II Collector's Edition will feature:
Developed at EA's Los Angeles studio, The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II introduces players to depths of the fiction never before explored in an EA game. The game makers at EALA have brought The Lord of the Rings world to life in accordance with an agreement with The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Tolkien Enterprises that grants EA the rights to develop games based on the books, in addition to a separate agreement that allows for games based on the New Line Cinema films.
For more information about The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II and The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II Collector's Edition please visit: www.eagames.co.uk/thelordoftherings.
Contributed by Sciere (330116) on Aug 16, 2006.