Madden NFL 07 Ad Blurbs (Windows)
Advertising BlurbsBack of Case - GameCube (North America):
RUN TO DAYLIGHTFEATURES
► ALL-NEW LEAD BLOCKER CONTROLS
For the first time ever, throw the perfect block to create a hole, then switch to control to the tailback to rip off a big gain.
► NFL SUPERSTAR: HALL OF FAME MODE
Play your way into the Pro Football Hall of Fame and experience the game from any position. Become a superstar on and off the field.
► PLAYER-SPECIFIC RUNNING MOVES
Master the all-new Highlight Stick to elude or bowl over defenders with new jukes, cutbacks, and power moves.
► DEEPEST FRANCHISE MODE EVER
Use the NFL Draft Scouting System and College All-Star Game to evaluate prospects, or determine impact players with Franchise Player Roles.
► AUTHENTIC NFL DEFENSIVE PLAYBOOKS
Shut down your opponent's offense by using real defensive playbooks from all 32 NFL teams.
EVADE TACKLERS WITH ALL-NEW MOVES
BE AN NFL SUPERSTAR
Contributed by ryanbus84 (16486) on Oct 03, 2017.
With the exclusive video game license of the NFL and PLAYERS INC, Madden NFL 07 continues to be the number one football franchise in history. In its seventeenth installment, control the running game like never before. For the first time ever, step up as the lead blocker to create a hole, and then take control of the tailback and smash through, overpower, or slash away from would-be tacklers as you fight for every yard.
- Lead blocker control: Throw the perfect block and create a running lane with all-new lead blocking control, and then take command of the tailback and rip off a big gain.
- NFL Superstar Hall of Fame mode: Play your way to the NFL Hall of Fame by taking complete control of any position on the field. Your actions on and off the field determine your impact on the game.
- All-new Highlight Stick: Bust out player-specific running styles matching those of real NFL players (e.g., smaller backs slash to break tackles, while bigger runners bowl over defenders in the open field) with all-new jukes, cutbacks, and power moves.
- Franchise mode: Scout collegiate prospects with the all-new NFL Draft Scouting System and the College All-Star Game, or watch players around the NFL impact their teams with the new Franchise Player Roles feature.
- Defensive playbooks: For the first time, use actual plays from your favorite team's defensive playbook to shut down the running game, pressure the quarterback, or force key turnovers.
- Online play: Climb the leaderboard as you take on your biggest rivals from coast-to-coast in Play Now or Session Match games.
Innovative rushing controls give you a game-breaking ground attack featuring all-new jukes, cutbacks, and the distinct running styles of your favorite backs. Between the tackles or in the open field, run to daylight with Madden NFL 07.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (22369) on Sep 21, 2010.
- Lead blocker control: Throw the perfect block and create a running lane with all-new lead blocking control and then take command of the tailback and rip off a big gain
- NFL Superstar: Hall of Fame mode: Play your way to the Pro Football Hall of Fame by taking complete control of any position on the field. Your actions on and off the field determine your impact on the game
- All-new highlight stick: Bust out player-specific running styles matching those of real NFL players (e.g., smaller backs slash to break tackles, while bigger runners bowl over defenders in the open field)
- Additions to Franchise mode: Scout collegiate prospects with the all-new NFL Draft Scouting System and the College All-Star Game
- Team-specific defensive playbooks: For the first time, use actual plays from your favorite team's defensive playbook to shut down the running game, pressure the quarterback, or force key turnovers
Run wildThe running game gets an overhaul in Madden NFL 07In its 17th installment, Madden NFL 07 lets you control the running game like never before. For the first time ever, step up as the lead blocker to create a hole and then take control of the tailback and smash through, overpower or slash away from would-be tacklers as you fight for every yard.Features
While you're under center, you can press the X Button to take control of a player and use him as a lead blocker for rushing plays. Let's say you call for a straight draw play. You can take control of your fullback and use him as the lead blocker, allowing the AI to control your running back and follow your lead. After you throw the block, you can regain control of the running back.What might be a more significant addition, however, is your ability to shift your offensive line's blocking scheme. For years, defenders have called defensive line audibles to try to jam the middle, spread out or cheat left or right. Now that same principle is applied to the offensive line.It's called Slide Protection. When you get under center, press L to bring up the Slide Protection menu. If you're running left, you can cheat your blockers to protect left. If you sense an outside blitz coming your way, set your blockers to cheat toward the outside to get a body between you and the raving rushing linebacker or safety to contain the integrity of the pocket.Defensive coordination
Although previous Madden games have catered certain defensive sets to specific teams (such as the Chicago Bears' 46-Bear), this year's game features plays specific to each defensive squad. You defensive play calling is no longer one size fits all.Add to this the fact that you can make your own plays and even your own formations and it's easy to see how Madden NFL 07 really caters to the pro football tactician as well as the guy who just likes to air it out and use the Hit Stick to put a lick on someone.C-Stick love
The C-Stick isn't just for hitting anymore. What's referred to as the Hit Stick on defense is now referred to as the Highlight Stick on offense. The juke moves have gone from the L and R Buttons to the C-Stick. Pushing the stick left, right or down will make the ball carrier juke in that direction to avoid a tackle. Pressing forward on the C-Stick will make the ball carrier put his head down and stick it to a defender, trying to bowl him over with momentum.The L and R Buttons now control cut moves. These moves are less severe in nature than a juke move. Instead of making a significant, momentum breaking jump left or right, as you would with the juke, cut moves make your runner step slightly to the left or the right to try to avoid a tackle but still keep your running momentum. This is especially helpful as you're maneuvering through traffic in the trenches of the line of scrimmage.Improving on a franchise
Most all of the franchise mainstays return. From training camp minigames to franchise play to generating the parents of a player and taking him through a career, there are plenty of long-term play options in Madden NFL 07.Bottom Line
The Madden franchise continues to build on its legacy and find the end zone.
Contributed by Evil Ryu (65759) on Jul 26, 2007.
- New FreeMotion control: Intuitive new Madden control for the Wii adds new levels of gameplay depth. Throw like the pros do, as well as hike, catch, juke and stiff arm.
- Exclusive multiplayer mini-games: Wii-Only Mini Games designed to support four player gameplay. "2 on 2" brings back school yard football but using NFL players, Y.A.C Attack makes the action 3 on 1 as each player gets a shot at QB versus 3 defenders. Kicking Combine gives you a fast paced FreeMotion field goal kicking challenge
- New Wii multiplayer enhancements: Wii only Multplayer enhancements increase the fun factor for up to four players. Multiplayer Sprint allows users help a teammate by boosting sprint speed and players can control the wind in Kicking Combine.
- New play calling system designed for basic football fan knowledge: Simplified football play calls makes the game easy to pick up and play. Pick plays by play type using basic tactics of football like short pass or outside run. More advanced Madden fans can still use the full NFL playbooks like any other version of Madden.
- Madden in-game tutorials: New in-game tutorials teach users how to use new FreeMotion controls and allow users to practice within the game.
Ready for the snapThe football genre calls an audible on Wii.Get under center and drive for the goal line. Tear up the field like never before with the Wii-exclusive FreeMotion controls that put players in command.Features
The football franchise dives into the end zone and scores with a motion system that gets gamers in the game without going over the top.
Contributed by Evil Ryu (65759) on Jul 26, 2007.