DescriptionMafia Contract Killer: Antikiller is based on the Russian movie Antikiller where the upright Major Fox got framed by Shaman, a leader of a mafia gang. After he served his sentence he comes back to his hometown to spend his last years in peace. But as soon as he arrives he gets involved in the violent gang wars... During the course of the ten missions the player takes the role of Major Fox (four missions) and the mafia gangsters Vane and Rick (three missions each). The story is told by cutscenes taken directly from the movie.
This game is a typical third-person shooter: The player walks from point A to point B and kills every enemy he meets. Because these opponents don't take cover the main challenge is to avoid getting overrun and using the guns to kill them as fast as possible. In some missions there is also a time limit. Besides the health bar the player also has to look after his power reserves. These get filled up with rage which is gained by shooting.
There are no Windows screenshots for this game.
- "Tueurs" -- French title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Meristation||Aug 18, 2006||4 out of 10||40|
|7Wolf Magazine||Oct 20, 2005||3.5 out of 10||35|
|Jeuxvideo.com||May 22, 2006||6 out of 20||30|
|GameStar (Germany)||Nov, 2006||22 out of 100||22|
|GBase - The Gamer's Base||Nov 09, 2006||2 out of 10||20|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Nov 06, 2005||17 out of 100||17|
|PC Games (Germany)||Jan 08, 2007||5 out of 100||5|
There are currently no topics for this game.
German versionThere are a number of changes in the German version:
- In the original version, there is a second soundtrack with metal music. This one was removed.
- Eleven cutscenes (live-action footage taken from the movie) were removed, ten remain.
- Blood effects were removed.
- Killed enemies disappear almost instantly.
- Random insults by enemies were removed.
- The mission descriptions between levels were changed during the translation to sound more harmless.
- All level statistics except the time (accuracy, headshots and killed enemies) were removed.
- In some parts the player needs to kill a certain amount of enemies to proceed. In the German version this was replaced by a survival timer.
- There are some changes in the levels: in level one a "kill all enemies" sequence was removed, in level four the boss was removed, in level seven the player has to find and deposit a bomb (this bomb is not present at all in the original version) and in level eight the amount of dogs to kill was lowered.
Related Web Sites
- Crapshoot (A humorous review on PC Gamer)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.