Making History: The Calm & The Storm Ad Blurbs (Windows)
* Rich WWII world: MAKING HISTORY®: The Calm & the Storm includes over 80 nations and 800+ regions. Each nation is given detailed characteristics built on extensive research, including economic and military strengths, diplomatic relations, ideology, and technical advancement. Each region features terrain, infrastructure, resource production and more.
* You are your Nation: Jump into a world in motion where every nation is pursuing its own agenda, and where events can turn on the breaking of a single alliance. Devise strategies based on your nation’s historic strengths and weaknesses– and revise your plans as the world evolves in response to your actions. Play as the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the USSR, the United States, or China.
* Effortless Game Navigation: Player’s console provides one-click access to all critical information and actions. Beautiful 3D world map includes detailed city, military, and other models that you can work with directly.
* Multi-Turn Combat: An innovative combat system allows many approaches to engagements from massive assaults to holding actions. Supplies, reinforcements and geography all affect your battle plan.
* More Military Options: Use unique unit abilities to blitzkrieg with armor, fight attrition battles with hordes of infantry, decimate enemy industry with strategic bombers, and bomb fleets from a distance with a carrier task force. With scientific research you can unlock more advanced military units, and every unit features a detailed 3D model.
* Sophisticated World Economy: The game’s economic system models the connections between world power and economic strength. Players control trade, aid, industrial development, infrastructure investments, and a deep field of research.
* Powerful Alliance System: As you make and break alliances, declare war and propose peace, each action affects your relations with other nations, and their willingness to ally with you. If you lack strong allies, you may find other nations are more are more likely to attack.
* Historic Scenarios: Six scenarios let you start at a crucial historic moment, focus on a specific event, or play the whole war. Scenarios cover the fall of France, Pearl Harbor, the D-Day invasion of Europe, the Sudeten crisis and more, and each is based on detailed research. You can work to succeed where others failed, or take a different path and see what happens.
* Superb replayability: Each scenario drops you into a different firestorm. Each nation you play presents unique challenges. Everything evolves from your economic and military choices, the alliances you make, and the actions and reactions of the world’s other nations.
* Single and Multiplayer Turn-Based Gameplay: Innovative simultaneous-turn-based play is quick and responsive, and keeps you in control with no waiting. Play with up to eight others in multiplayer mode, using in-game chat to devise joint strategies and secret pacts. Will you be a trusted ally or a backstabbing tyrant?
* Three Ways to Win: Pursue victory for your Nation, your Alliance, or your Ideology (Democracy, Communism, Fascism, or Authoritarianism.)
* Built for Modding: Use the Scenario Editor to modify scenarios or create your own. The Scenario Editor will be available for download from our website soon.
* Share Game Reports: Save complete reports of a game session to share on the web, analyze strategies and results.
Contributed by yonger (32) on Apr 04, 2007.