DescriptionMarch of War is a turn-based tactical strategy game with grand strategy elements. The game occurs in alternative history period of World War II.
There are 6 factions in the game:
- United Republic (USA & Canada)
- European Alliance (All of Europe except former Soviet Republics and Australia and New Zealand)
- Soviet Union (its historic territory and Afghanistan)
- Latin Junta (Latin America and Brazil)
- African Warlords (All of Africa, Arabic countries, Turkey and Iran)
- Shogun Empires (Japan, Korea, China and South Eastern countries)
The factions plan out their battles on a Risk-like map and have elected leaders and high command represented by top players. They together decide on policies such as where to attack, who to make peace or alliance with. Faction leaders have extra powers that allow players to gain extra rewards for winning matches.
Once the territories are attacked the players can play matches on it against 7 levels of AI difficulty or against players of the faction they are attacking/defending against. Each win contributes towards the total score that will decide who won the battle for the territory. There are 3 match types:
- Assault - capture all strategic points
- Blitz - destroy enemy's command vehicle
- Siege - defend your base from the enemy
All matches happen in a turn based environment with each side taking their turn to move and attack. Control points in the matches allow to gain resources to deploy more units or combat abilities.
Each faction has similar units, and has unique units such as Bell Helicopter, Korean Archers or War Elephants.
Each match win grants the player research points, to research new units or abilities in the tech tree, and gold, to buy new units or command abilities in the store. Researching units is not enough to acquire them, gold has to be spent for each unit, thus allowing player to customise his army to have more of certain class of units or to specialise in one unit type. Command abilities allow one time use of such things as bombing runs, mine drops, health drops during matches.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- March of War (official website)