Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (Windows)

4.2
Written by  :  Oscar Molina (2)
Written on  :  Jan 14, 2004
Rating  :  4.14 Stars4.14 Stars4.14 Stars4.14 Stars4.14 Stars

read more reviews by Oscar Molina

Summary

Good game, but where's the game-pad support?

The Good

Overall, I loved the game. It was intense all the way to the end. The story and graphics were excellent.

The Bad

The only thing that stunk about this game was that there was no game-pad support. How can you play such a great game with no game-pad? Playing with the mouse and the keyboard was very tedious and annoying. I'm very disappointed in Rockstar. All the great games they made and this one came up short because of no game-pad support. Rockstar should make a driver for game-pad support and have it available for download. I'm pretty sure when people found out that there was no game-pad support, they left the game alone. Who wants to play Max Payne with a keyboard and mouse? I don't think no one would. If they create the drivers, people wouldn't hesitate to pick up the game from the store. This would make the game more user friendly to the hardcore fanatic.

The Bottom Line

I would describe this game as a masterpiece in its own way. This game would have been an instant classic, but due to the fact that there is no game-pad support, it caused the game to come up short. Also, the game is very short. 10 hours of play? Damn, thats torture!!!! They could have made the game just a little longer.