|Minimum CPU Class Required
|Minimum OS Class Required
|Minimum RAM Required
||CD-ROM, Download, DVD-ROM
|Minimum DirectX Version Required
||Direct3D, Hardware TNL, Pixel Shader 1.4
|Video Modes Supported
||1360*768, Full screen, HD+ (1600x900), SVGA/XGA (1024*768), SVGA/XGA (640*480), SVGA/XGA (800*600), SXGA (1280*1024), SXGA- (1280*960), UXGA (1600*1200), Window, WXGA (1280*720), WXGA (1280*768), WXGA (1280*800), XGA+ (1152*864)
|Minimum Video Memory Required
||DirectSound3D, Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic II, EAX, EAX Advanced HD
|Input Devices Supported
|Number of Players: Offline
||3D Accelerator Required
Supported graphic cards:
- Windows 95 and Windows NT not supported.
- CPU: 1 GHz Pentium III / Athlon or 1.2 GHz Celeron or Duron processor.
- HD space: 1.7 GB.
- Cube mapping option should not be used for INTEL i845 (INTEGRATED) as it may cause visual artefacts.
- Joysticks are not supported. However, some joystick devices such as Microsoft Sidewinder Dual Strike can be configured from the joysticks' control panel to work by creating a custom profile.
- Other supported resolutions: 720x480; 720x576; 848x480; 960x600; 1440x900.
Unsupported graphic cards (does not work with Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne).
- 3Dlabs Wildcat VP.
- ATI Radeon series (older ATI Radeon based cards may not support the in-game gamma control. Pixel Shader Skinning may look incorrect for Radeon 8500, 9000, 9100, and 9200 series).
- Intel Extreme Graphics 2 (integrated i865G).
- Matrox Parhelia (16x Anti-Aliasing does not work if enabled from game options, use Matrox Display Control Panel instead);
- NVIDIA GeForce, GeForce FX and NForce series (anti-aliasing may not work together with post processing effects on GeForce and GeForce FX cards that have less than 128 MB of memory; Motion blur or Bullet Time Tone Mapping will look black or have a single, solid color if with 21.* or 30.* series drivers (or 44.03 for GeForceFX). Video Playback may not work with 44.03 drivers on GeForce FX cards. This includes the intro, attract, credits and 'Previously on Max Payne' videos; Mirrors are supported only by GeForceFX cards. It is still recommend to keep them disabled on GeForceFX 5200 for to prevent crashes during initial loading and performance reasons).
- SiS Xabre series.
Unsupported Sound Cards:
- 3dfx Voodoo, Voodoo2, Voodoo3, Voodoo Rush.
- 3Dlabs Permedia, Permedia2.
- ATI RAGE II/II+/IIc, RAGE PRO, Rage Fury Maxx.
- Cirrus Logic Laguna3D (CL5465).
- Intel i740, i810 integrated, i815 integrated.
- Matrox Millennium II, Mystique, G200.
- NVIDIA RIVA 128/128ZX.
- PowerVR Neon 250i.
- S3 Savage 2000, Savage3D, Trio64 3D, Virge/DX/GX/VX.
- Rendition Verite V1000/V2200.
- Some older integrated / laptop display adapters (Neomagic, Trident).
- Aureal Vortex 1 & 2 based sound cards such as Diamond MonsterSound MX300 or Turtle Beach Montego are unsupported.