Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Minimum CPU Class Required
Minimum OS Class Required
Minimum RAM Required
Minimum DirectX Version Required
Video Modes Supported
Minimum Video Memory Required
Number of Players: Offline
- Windows 95 and Windows NT not supported;
- CPU: 1 GHz Pentium III / Athlon or 1.2 GHz Celeron or Duron processor;
- HD space: 1.7 GB;
- Cube mapping option should not be used for INTEL i845 (INTEGRATED) as it may cause visual artefacts;
- Joysticks are not supported. However, some joystick devices such as Microsoft Sidewinder Dual Strike can be configured from the joysticks' control panel to work by creating a custom profile;
- Other supported resolutions: 720x480; 720x576; 848x480; 960x600; 1360x768; 1440x900; 1600x900.
- 3dlabs Wildcat VP;
- ATI Radeon series (older ATI Radeon based cards may not support the in-game Gamma control; Pixel Shader Skinning may look incorrect for Radeon 8500, 9000, 9100, and 9200 series);
- Intel Extreme Graphics 2 (integrated i865G);
- Matrox Parhelia (16x Anti-Aliasing does not work if enabled from game options, use Matrox Display Control Panel instead);
- NVIDIA GeForce, GeForce FX and NForce series (Anti-aliasing may not work together with post processing effects on GeForce and GeForce FX cards that have less than 128 MB of memory; Motion blur or Bullet Time Tone Mapping will look black or have a single, solid color if with 21.* or 30.* series drivers (or 44.03 for GeForceFX); Video Playback may not work with 44.03 drivers on GeForce FX cards. This includes the intro, attract, credits and 'Previously on Max Payne' videos; Mirrors are supported only by GeForceFX cards. It is still recommend to keep them disabled on GeForceFX 5200 for to prevent crashes during initial loading and performance reasons);
- SiS Xabre series.
- 3dfx Voodoo, Voodoo2, Voodoo3, Voodoo Rush;
- 3Dlabs Permedia, Permedia2;
- ATI RAGE II/II+/IIc, RAGE PRO, Rage Fury Maxx;
- Cirrus Logic Laguna3D (CL5465);
- Intel i740, i810 integrated, i815 integrated;
- Matrox Millennium II, Mystique, G200;
- NVIDIA RIVA 128/128ZX;
- PowerVR Neon 250i;
- S3 Savage 2000, Savage3D, Trio64 3D, Virge/DX/GX/VX;
- Rendition Verite V1000/V2200;
- Some older integrated / laptop display adapters (Neomagic, Trident).
- Aureal Vortex 1 & 2 based sound cards such as Diamond MonsterSound MX300 or Turtle Beach Montego are unsupported.
Technical information contributed by Corn Popper (69593), timebender (221), Xoleras (66397), joyvalley (135521), Indra is watching it all burn... (16448), Deathdragon Dragonia (42) and kbmb (399)