Medal of Honor: Airborne (Windows)

3.2
Written by  :  Thekwane Black (34)
Written on  :  Jan 27, 2009
Rating  :  1.43 Stars1.43 Stars1.43 Stars1.43 Stars1.43 Stars

read more reviews by Thekwane Black

Summary

Throw me out without a Parachute

The Good

It is difficult to find anything likable about this game especially if you are so utterly disappointed.

Maybe we can talk about the good surround sounds and the fact you control your descent when parachuting into the game. Yes you can run around in a"non linear" manner, however the difference is that you just get the choice to choose which sub-mission you want to do.

The only interesting and "unrealistic" part is the ability automatically upgrade your weapons with the more Nazis you blow away. I think this is supposed to keep you interested in replaying the game over and over again....

The Bad

Everything is just bad. So much emphasis is put on parachuting in, which takes like a few seconds in the game. So what if you land on your enemies, near your enemies or far from them.

The Unreal engine 3 is inappropriate for this genre of game, the game reminds me of unreal tournament but with Germans, Italians and Americans running around shooting each other up. With first aid boxes and ammo lying around

I got bored playing the game just 10 minutes into it. The targeting methods and controls are irritating and the little red cross when firing on opponents is like being in an arcade game.

If you die during the round you parachute back in again and all your enemies are back where they were before.

I founds Pacific Assault way more enjoyable where at least the AI of the Japanese was intelligent and they would advance and retreat in localized movements in an otherwise linear game. In this game the fighting is so boring that you literally want to run forward to get to your goal with minimal combat effort.

In short EA Bring Back the Linear type game or invent a game like Stalker or Far Cry 2 with its true "Non Linear" Characteristics

The Bottom Line

If you have all the previous medal of honors games then buy this one as a collectors item, don't play it, just put it on the shelf. If not then don't waste your money on this game, rather buy Brother in Arms or the Call of Duty Series