Mega Man X4 Trivia (Windows)
LocalizationThese are the original Japanese names for the bosses:
Magmard (Magma in the USA) Dragoon, Frost Kibatodos (Walrus), Jet Stingren (Stingray), Slash Beastleo (Beast), Web Spidus (Spider), Cyber Kujacker (Peacock), and Storm Fukuroul (Owl).
- In Frost Walrus's stage, if you look carefully in the background of the first part of the stage, you can see Blizzard Buffalo (from Mega Man X3) at the beginning of the stage, and then later Chill Penguin (from Mega Man X) in the mini-boss's room.
- The battle with General (as either character) is a little homage to the final boss battle in Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts. The battles even play similarly (both bosses' weak spots are their heads, and you have to use platforms to reach said weak spots).
- Magma Dragoon's attacks are an obvious play on the Shotokan techniques used by Ryu, Ken, and Akuma from the Street Fighter series. He's even wearing Akuma's beads (look carefully around his neck).
- The intro and ending songs in the Japanese version were both performed by J-Pop singer Yukie Nakama. In the U.S. and European versions they were replaced by instrumental tunes.
- The PC version of this game has the battle themes for the three phases of the Sigma battle reversed from the console versions (the "heavy metal" version plays on the first two phases, and the evil one for the Ugly Head Sigma phase in the PC version).
Information also contributed by Satoshi Kunsai.