DescriptionYears after the Reploid Wars, all seems peaceful in the world. But peace was not meant to last forever. When the "Eurasia" space colony is attacked by an unknown virus, the call goes out! X and Zero are called back into action to help destroy the colony, which is now on a collision course with Earth, and is expected to collide into the planet in only 16 hours! At the same time, Sigma, the archenemy of the Maverick Hunters, shows up again...
Mega Man X5 retains the gameplay style of the previous games, adding new features such as advanced Maverick AI, bigger and more challenging stages, and new gameplay elements: ducking and swinging on vines and ropes.
- "洛克人X5" -- Chinese Title (Simplified)
- "Rockman X5" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Windows release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|7Wolf Magazine||Aug 23, 2002||6.7 out of 10||67|
|Absolute Games (AG.ru)||Aug 22, 2002||10 out of 100||10|
There are currently no topics for this game.
MusicThe stage theme for Tidal Whale is a remix of Bubble Crab's stage theme from Mega Man X2.
- Capcom U.S.A. renamed the Mavericks in Mega Man X5 and named them after the musicians in the band Guns 'N Roses. Here are the American names of the Mavericks (proper names in parentheses): Grizzly Slash (Crescent Grizzly), Squid Adler (Bolt Kraken), Izzy Glow (Shining Firefly), Duff McWhalen (Tidal Whale), The Skivver (Spiral Pegasus), Axel the Red (Spiked Rosered), Dark Dizzy (Dark Necrobat), and Mattrex (Burn Dinorex)..
- X's Gaea Armor comes with a rather amusing Giga Attack: X copies Chun-Li's Street Fighter Zero Super Combo, Kikoushou, as his Giga Attack.
Version differencesAs with Mega Man 8 and Mega Man X4, the opening and ending song were changed from the Japanese version of the game. The opening theme in the Japanese version was a song called "Don't Make A Monkey Out of Me", which was performed by Japanese punk band Mosquito-Milk. The opening theme in the American version is simply the same music as played on the title screen.
Related Web Sites
- Wikipedia: Mega Man X5 (Information about Mega Man X5 at Wikipedia)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.