Advertising Blurbsdtp entertainment product page (UK):
Memento Mori is a classic person point & click adventure set in the popular conspiracy mystery genre.
The player takes the role of the shady art dealer Maxim Durand who is forced by the Russian Secret Service to help solving a mysterious series of crimes: An ancient sect, named Ikuinen Nukkuja, located deep in the dark forests of Finland, tries to steal precious paintings and doesn`t even refrain from murder to achieve their goal. Maxim and his contact at the Secret Service, Lara Svetlova, find out that the ancient sect "collects" paintings which, having all been painted by artists shortly before their death, show the Angel of Death hidden in the layers of paint. Maxim and Lara embark on a dangerous journey throughout Europe to stop the cult, find the stolen paintings and to ultimately face the Angel of Death himself.
- 3D point & click adventure in a dark mystery & conspiracy setting
- State-of-the-art presentation
- Two playable characters - Lara and Max
- Dramatic story twists and unexpected turns
- 8 different endings - depending on the player`s decisions during the game
Windows® XP / Vista, Intel Pentium IV® or comparable processor with 1.6 GHz, 512 MB RAM, 128 MB RAM Graphics card (Shader 2.0 compatible) DirectX 9.0c® compatible sound card, 3 GB free hard disc space, DVD-ROM Drive Keyboard, Mouse
Windows® XP / Vista, Intel® Core 2 Duo or comparable processor with 2,0 GHz, 1 GB RAM 256 MB RAM Graphics card (Shader 2.0 compatible) DirectX 9.0c® compatible sound card, 3 GB free hard disc space DVD-ROM Drive Keyboard, Mouse
Contributed by Jeanne (75483) on Mar 29, 2011.
IN THE FAMOUS HERMITAGE MUSEUM OF ST. PETERSBURG, A PRECIOUS PAINTING IS REPLACED WITH A NEAR-PERFECT COPY. AT FIRST GLANCE IT LOOKS LIKE JUST ANOTHER ART THEFT - BUT THERE'S MORE TO IT THAN IT SEEMS!
- Experience a superb cinematic mystery adventure with unexpected plot twists
- Embark on the hunt for the stolen paintings with the two playable protagonists Max and Lara
- Conduct your investigations in St. Petersburg, Lyon, the forests of Finland, and many more atmospheric locations.
- Enjoy beautiful 3D graphics and a stunning soundtrack
- Experience one of 8 possible endings depending on the choices you make during the game
Max, a one-time art forger and Lara, an ambitious Detective with Interpol, follow the perpetrator's trail across Europe. They discover a web of intrigue spun by a mysterious Order.
What role does Max's brother André play in all this? What secrets lie behind the Ikkuinen Nukkuja? What will Max and Lara have to sacrifice to save the paintings? Their love? Their sanity? Perhaps even their lives?
Contributed by PolloDiablo (16610) on Jun 01, 2010.
- Classical point-and-click mystery detective adventure.
- Realtime 3D environment using today's graphics cards to create desired atmosphere with special effects.
- Playing for two characters – Lara and Max
- The end of the game depends on player’s decisions through whole story.
Colonel Ostankovich, the commander of a special police department in St Petersburg, and the man who put his honesty at stake by swearing that under his command not an item will get lost in the Hermitage, receives a report of a short alarm failure in the Hermitage. He suspects that something happened. To avoid losing his reputation, he contacts Maxim Durand through Larisa Svetlova. Due to his past, Maxim is at his disposal and has to help him.
In the search for the stolen paintings Max and Lara (mostly on their own) visit the Hermitage, an old library, the Interpol's headquarters in Lyon, the residence in Scotland and further locations. They interrogate the suspects, search for data, break codes and discover forgeries. All their journeys finally lead Max, accompanied by his brother, to the Finnish cloister. Strange deaths, secret signs and increasingly weird behaviour of Max's brother André and of those around him force Max to the very edge of sanity.
Main hero; this character is controlled by the player. A young French professor who lectures on the history of art. In order to get money for his wife's surgery he had to start a criminal career - he forged and sold several paintings of the old masters.
The second controllable character is more of a supporting character. It is a young Russian woman who reached the rank of captain in Russian militia. Thanks to her achievements she was later transferred to Lyon in France where she's the Russian representative at Interpol's headquarters. Her task is to promote Russian interests in the department of art theft.
Contributed by Jeanne (75483) on Jun 29, 2009.