DescriptionThe sequel to Microsoft's first Combat Flight Simulator, the focus shifts to the Pacific theater, where carrier battles and island hopping dominate the strategy.
Fly for the Japanese Navy or the American Navy/Airforce in either single battles or branching campaigns. Controllable aircraft include the standard Zero, the P-38, Wildcat, Hellcat, Corsair, and George, each fighter representing different design philosophies from the most nimble Japanese planes to the powerhouse American designs. Escort bombers, strafe transports, and provide CAP for your carrier group. Learn how to successfully land on a carrier in strong winds.
Featuring much of the realism and potential complexity (it can be simplified through options) of Microsoft's civilian simulator, you can either play in an arcade-like mode, or increase the difficulty...to the point where you're following a fairly realistic checklist for take-off.
Featuring unique 1940's art for cutscenes, the engine's graphics attempt to represent the relatively sparse terrain of ocean, beach, and jungle with some detail. Models take visual damage and damage can result in the removal of the damaged part altogether. Standard padlock and various target views are available, allowing both a realistic look and the ability to achieve more exciting, cinematic views.
- "战斗飞行模拟2" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 2: Palco da II Guerra Mundial no Pacífico" -- Brazilian title
- "Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 2: Guerre du Pacifique" -- French title
- "Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 2: 2. Weltkrieg: Kriegsschauplatz Pazifik" -- German title
- "CFS2" -- Common name
Part of the Following Groups
- Aircraft: A6M Zero
- Aircraft: F4F Wildcat
- Aircraft: F4U Corsair
- Aircraft: F6F Hellcat
- Aircraft: P-38 Lightning
- Historical conflict: World War II
- Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator series
- Setting: Australian / Oceanian
|A solid, accessible, realistic WWII combat sim.||Rick Jones (108)|
|Not all that||Jim Newland (53)|
|GameSpy||Oct 16, 2000||90 out of 100||90|
|GameSpot||Oct 13, 2000||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Dec, 2000||85 out of 100||85|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Oct 16, 2000||84 out of 100||84|
|Gamesmania.de||2000||83 out of 100||83|
|Gamekult||Nov 03, 2000||8 out of 10||80|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Oct 20, 2000||80|
|Spel för Alla||Dec, 2000||7 out of 10||70|
|PC Player (Germany)||Nov, 2000||68 out of 100||68|
|GameStar (Germany)||Nov, 2000||65 out of 100||65|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Japanese cover||11||chirinea (35571)
Sep 05, 2012
TriviaWhile the game only allow you to fly the fighters, there are custom "hacks" that allow you to fly the dive bombers and the torpedo bombers for either side at the various fan sites.
Related Web Sites
- Simviation - Combat Flight Sim Home (Gigabytes of add ons, new aircraft, helicopters, jets, missions scenery etc. for CFS and CFS 2. Someone should tell them it should be Simaviation surely? )