Description2002's version of Microsoft's long running series of non-combat, commercial flight simulators. The game uses a completely new 3D graphics engine which features photorealistic terrain as well as some nifty effects like jet contrails, volumetric clouds and a completely 3D virtual cockpit for each of the 12 planes in the game (which include the new Cessna 208 Caravan Floatplane and Boeing 747-400).
Other additions come in the form of a database of over 21,000 world airports, downloadable real-time weather as well as an ATC (Air Traffic Control) module for realistic instrumental flying which is shared by all the AI pilots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "模擬飛行 2002" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "模拟飞行2002" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002: La référence de la simulation de vol" -- French tag-lined title
- "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002: Ein realistisches Flugerlebnis" -- German tag-lined title
- "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002: As Real As It Gets" -- Tag-lined title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|PC Zone Benelux||Jan, 2002||91 out of 100||91|
|GamingExcellence||Apr 15, 2002||9.1 out of 10||91|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Feb, 2002||90|
|Svenska PC Gamer||Dec, 2001||90 out of 100||90|
|Gamezilla||Jan 05, 2002||87 out of 100||87|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Nov 26, 2001||17 out of 20||85|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Nov 09, 2001||83 out of 100||83|
|Gamezone (Germany)||Nov 09, 2001||8 out of 10||80|
|Super Play (Sweden)||Dec, 2001||8 out of 10||80|
|IGROMANIA||Jan, 2002||8 out of 10||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
MultiplayerIf you're bored with flying alone with Flight Simulator's ATC, you can connect to the internet using special software, and fly with real, human controllers.
Related Web Sites
- Flight Simulator Dome (Hundreds of addon planes, scenery and more to download, Updated daily.)
- FS2002 Preview (An early preview of the then upcoming Flight Simulator 2002. The interview is undated, but probably published in September 2001.)
Lead Program Manager: