DescriptionThis is the sixth installment of the Heroes of Might and Magic series, now known as Might & Magic: Heroes. As other games of the series, Heroes VI proposes a mix of turn-based strategy and role-playing game set in the fantasy world of Ashan (the world of Heroes V, Dark Messiah and Clash of Heroes). Released for the 25th anniversary of the Might & Magic brand, Heroes VI features many characters from various games of the series.
Set 400 years before the events of Heroes V, the campaign narrates the struggles of the Griffin Dynasty. After the assassination of Duke Slava Griffin, his five children are all pledged to a different faction and must face a demon invasion and angelic plot. An ancient war is being rekindled, and it's up to these 5 heroes to defend the world of Ashan. After the first 2 tutorial levels, the player is free to play the characters in the order of his choice.
The game controls 1 or more Heroes. These characters act like generals and represent a whole army. Heroes can recruit troops in towns, and must fight battles on an adventure map. The goal is usually to capture all cities and eliminate the enemy Heroes.
The game features 5 factions, each with its unique character classes, abilities and units. 4 of these factions are classics of the series: the knights of Haven, undead of Necropolis, orcs of Stronghold, and demons of Inferno. The fifth faction is a newcomer, the Asian-themed Sanctuary faction, ruled by the snake-like nagas.
New features of Heroes VI include the "area of control", which means a town controls the surrounding area and its buildings, mines and dwellings; a reputation system, allowing your Hero to follow the Paths of Blood or Tears and thus accessing advanced character classes leading up to 2 different endings; and encounters with deadly Boss creatures.
- "MMH6" -- Official abbreviation
- "Heroes of Might and Magic VI" -- Common, informal title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|GameStar (Germany)||Oct 13, 2011||85 out of 100||85|
|Gry OnLine||Oct 11, 2011||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Oct 28, 2011||84 out of 100||84|
|Cheat Code Central||Oct, 2011||4.2 out of 5||84|
|PC Games (Germany)||Oct 17, 2011||81 out of 100||81|
|4Players.de||Oct 17, 2011||80 out of 100||80|
|Jeuxpo.com||2011||7 out of 10||70|
|Softpedia||Nov 03, 2011||6.5 out of 10||65|
|RPGFan||Nov 29, 2011||61 out of 100||61|
|GameSpy||Oct 20, 2011||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
A tribute to 25 years of Might and MagicHeroes VI was released as the Might & Magic brand was celebrating its 25th anniversary (1986-2011). As a result, the game contains many tributes to other games of the series:
- The soundtrack contains many remixes and rearrangements from previous games, especially Heroes 2, Heroes 3, Heroes 5, Clash of Heroes and Might & Magic VI.
- Some classic heroes of the franchise were "re-imagined" in the world of Ashan, including Lord Kilburn (who first appeared in the very first Might & Magic RPG), Atlas, Kalindra, Lord Haart, Luna, Adelaide, Jeddite, Ciele, or Maximus the Orc knight. While they don't appear in person, Crag Hack, Yog, Sheltem and Sandro all get mentions through artifacts or achievements.
- Many artifacts and Dynasty Weapons are based on items from the past episodes, such as Iron Feather from Might & Magic VII or Angelic Alliance from The Shadow of Death. Armageddon's Blade is not equippable but can be spotted on the Hall of Raiders building.
- Every seven turns a new week starts, bringing various gameplay effects. One of these weeks is called "Week of the Ancients", referring to the mythos of the New World Computing-era games.
Nods to fansThere's a tradition in Might & Magic games of including references to longtime fans of the series and naming characters or items after them:
- Several heroes of Heroes VI are named after fans of the series (Eduardo, Harald, Erika, ZhaoYu...)
- A signpost in the third map of the Haven campaign contains a tribute to Zedd, one of the oldest fans of Might & Magic who passed away during the production of Heroes VI.
- GameStar (Germany)
- 2011 - #3 Strategy Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)