Might & Magic: Heroes VI
A tribute to 25 years of Might and MagicHeroes VI was released as the Might & Magic brand was celebrating its 25th anniversary (1986-2011). As a result, the game contains many tributes to other games of the series:
- The soundtrack contains many remixes and rearrangements from previous games, especially Heroes 2, Heroes 3, Heroes 5, Clash of Heroes and Might & Magic VI.
- Some classic heroes of the franchise were "re-imagined" in the world of Ashan, including Lord Kilburn (who first appeared in the very first Might & Magic RPG), Atlas, Kalindra, Lord Haart, Luna, Adelaide, Jeddite, Ciele, or Maximus the Orc knight. While they don't appear in person, Crag Hack, Yog, Sheltem and Sandro all get mentions through artifacts or achievements.
- Many artifacts and Dynasty Weapons are based on items from the past episodes, such as Iron Feather from Might & Magic VII or Angelic Alliance from The Shadow of Death. Armageddon's Blade is not equippable but can be spotted on the Hall of Raiders building.
- Every seven turns a new week starts, bringing various gameplay effects. One of these weeks is called "Week of the Ancients", referring to the mythos of the New World Computing-era games.
Nods to fansThere's a tradition in Might & Magic games of including references to longtime fans of the series and naming characters or items after them:
- Several heroes of Heroes VI are named after fans of the series (Eduardo, Harald, Erika, ZhaoYu...)
- A signpost in the third map of the Haven campaign contains a tribute to Zedd, one of the oldest fans of Might & Magic who passed away during the production of Heroes VI.
- GameStar (Germany)
- 2011 - #3 Strategy Game of the Year (Readers' Vote)
Contributed by Pirou Julien (1524) on Jan 18, 2012. [revised by : MobyGames was killed by GameFly (89481)].