Not an American user?
DescriptionJack Lorski, a journalist, and his girlfriend Karen Gijman have gone missing while investigating a serial killer. The only clue to their whereabouts is a CD-ROM made by somebody calling themselves the PHOENIX. Can you de-code the CD and find Jack and Karen before it's too late?
The game is a series of challenging puzzle games that must be completed to progress through the clues and reveal the rest of the story. Some of the games stand alone, some require internet access to research the solutions, and a few of the puzzles require e-mail help from other game characters.
- "谜踪" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Missing: Since January" -- Alternate title
- "In Memoriam" -- European title
Part of the Following Groups
|The Great Work||Terrence Bosky (5237)|
|Yawn. Let them go missing. I'll play something else.||null-geodesic (235)|
The Press Says
|Jeuxvideo.com||Oct 16, 2003||17 out of 20||85|
|Adventure Corner||Nov 03, 2003||81 out of 100||81|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Oct, 2004||80|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Aug 26, 2004||80|
|Just Adventure||Jul 12, 2004||B||75|
|PC Action||Jan 14, 2004||74 out of 100||74|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Jan 12, 2004||7 out of 10||70|
|GameStar (Germany)||Nov, 2003||68 out of 100||68|
|Fragland.net||Jan 13, 2004||61 out of 100||61|
|Quandary||Dec, 2003||2.5 out of 5||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Computer Gaming World
- March 2005 (Issue #249) – Adventure Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Gamehound's Walkthrough -- on GameBoomers
- In Memoriam -- Official website
- In Memoriam Walkthrough -- by Shaamaan
- "Making a Killer Game" -- GiN interviews Eric Viennot, author of MISSING.
- Missing: Since January -- Adventure Company's Official Game Page
- The Phoenix's Lair -- Preview the Phoenix's fiendish puzzles.
- Walkthrough in French -- on Serial Gamer
Paul Sinnett (497) added Missing (Windows) on Jan 25, 2004
Other platforms contributed by Xoleras (66309)
Adrian Miller, Aldo Fazzari, Anthony Finelli, Chantal Mauro, Chris Elliott, Dan Dwang, Daniel Torreblanca, Matthew Dickson, Ryan Gavel, Vasso T. Kontoulis, Yohany Lee