Not an American user?
DescriptionThis is an adaptation of the Monopoly board game for home consoles and computers, completely reproducing all aspects of gameplay. Player movements can be presented as 3D animations, but those can be optionally turned off for those who don't want to see animations. There can be up to 6 players at once, and it can be played over the Internet on those platforms which support such connections. Some versions have music in MIDI format, with WAV sound effects. Roll dice, spin around the board, and don't forget to have fun as you pass GO!
- "モノポリー" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Board game translations
- Genre: Board game - Monopoly
- PlayStation Greatest Hits releases
- PlayStation Platinum Range releases
|Fun time-saver!||Condemned (70)|
|Quite successful switch from a board game.||MAT (64286)|
The Press Says
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Feb, 1996||100|
|GameSpot||May 01, 1996||7.1 out of 10||71|
|Power Play||Dec, 1995||65 out of 100||65|
|PC Player (Germany)||Nov, 1995||65 out of 100||65|
|Joystick (French)||Dec, 1995||60 out of 100||60|
|PC Games (Germany)||Dec, 1995||60 out of 100||60|
|High Score||Feb, 1997||3 out of 5||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
SoundtrackThe Sega Master System version (others might, too) of this game uses the classical music piece The Entertainer, composed by Scott Joplin, for the theme song.
Street namesAll the street names in the game are taken from Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Computer Gaming World
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) – #113 in the “150 Best Games of All Time” list
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) – #15 Top Sleeper Of All Time
Related Web Sites
- Howard & Nester do Monopoly -- A regular feature in Nintendo Power magazine, Howard & Nester was a comic strip about two game whizzes who would one-up each other, while disclosing hints and tips, in the settings of various recently-released games for the NES platform. In Volume 24's installment, Howard teaches Nester the shifting value of a Get Out of Jail Free card.
MAT (64286) added Monopoly (Windows) on Feb 16, 2000