Monty Python & the Quest for the Holy Grail (Windows)

Written by  :  Tomer Gabel (4388)
Written on  :  Jul 17, 2000

read more reviews by Tomer Gabel

Summary

Actually quite fun!

The Good

This game surprised me. I was so prepared for a total, ridiculous catastrophe like in Complete Waste of Time that I was in utter shock when I found, to my surprise, that I actually ENJOY the second PC game in the Monty Python fame. Damn right!

So what's good about The Quest for the Holy Grail? Well, for one, the movie. It was utterly awesome. See it, believe it. Viva la british humour. Yeah. So, with The Quest for the Holy Grail containing various video clips from The Holy Grail (not to mention a few that didn't make it into the movie!) In short, two thumbs up for that. The video quality isn't shameful either.

Aside from this, the interaction is far more appealing than it was in Complete Waste of Time (although also a lot harder to properly figure out), the sound quality was properly revamped and the non-video-backdrop graphics are also far superiour to CWOT.

And most importantly, the game is fun and actually hillarious! I had a great time playing it, laughed my ass off and eventually rolled all over the floor (my Polish mother wasn't very happy about it either).

The Bad

The only two problems with this game are (a) a completely linear storyboard and (b) a bizarre bug, which as it turns out causes that some games (or maybe on certain machines, I'm not sure) can be finished while others can't. That means I had to play it 3 or 4 different times until I could finally get somewhere. I know it's odd, but that's the way it was.

The Bottom Line

A much, much, much better game than the previous one in the Monty Python PC game series, and a generally fun game.