DescriptionMotor City Online is an online-only racing game. The game is all about cars. You choose a persona to represent you and you are given an initial amount of cash. With this money you must buy your first car. Once you have a car, take it to the streets and compete in various races. You can either race for money or for pink slips.
Cars have a lot of customization options, from wheel bars to fuzzy dice. MCO also delivers an online community, where you can chat with other racers, or join a "club" where you can have club-specific races, and maybe win some turf. The game contains many race modes, such as Drag Racing, Circuit Racing, Sponsored Racing, and Street Racing.
You can also buy parts and cars at an auction, or you can visit different dealers. You can choose to sell your own parts or cars, or you can be a dealer and buy stuff, then sell it at a marked up price.
There are no Windows user screenshots for this game.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Need For Speed: Motor City" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
- Automobile: AC Cobra
- Automobile: Chevrolet Bel Air
- Automobile: Chevrolet Camaro
- Automobile: Chevrolet Chevelle
- Automobile: Chevrolet Corvette
- Automobile: Chevrolet El Camino
- Automobile: Dodge Charger
- Automobile: Ford Mustang
- Automobile: Mitsubishi Eclipse
- Automobile: Oldsmobile 4-4-2
- Automobile: Plymouth Barracuda
- Automobile: Pontiac Firebird
- Automobile: Pontiac GTO
There are no reviews for this game.
|GameZone||Nov 19, 2001||9.2 out of 10||92|
|GameSpy||Dec, 2001||88 out of 100||88|
|PC Games (Germany)||Dec, 2001||88 out of 100||88|
|IGN||Nov 16, 2001||7.9 out of 10||79|
|GameStar (Germany)||Dec 05, 2001||77 out of 100||77|
|PC Action||Dec 10, 2001||76 out of 100||76|
|GameSpot||Nov 21, 2001||7.6 out of 10||76|
|Gamezilla||Jan 16, 2002||72 out of 100||72|
|All Game Guide||2001||70|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Mar, 2002||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
ShutdownMotor City Online shut down on August 28th, 2003, due to a lack of growth in subscribers. Billing ended in mid-July, and subscribers had their choice of a free EA game when the developers shut off the servers.
- 2001 – Sports Game of the Year (Readers' Choice)
Related Web Sites
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
- Official Game Page (Electronic Arts Motor City Online page)