Motorhead (Windows)

Written by  :  Grov (646)
Written on  :  Dec 20, 2001

read more reviews by Grov

Summary

A classic racing game, all racing-game fans MUST have played this

The Good

This game is a modern classic. Digital illusions really show off their extreme skills as programmers with this one. (I bought some Digital Illusion shares after playing this title, and man was that the best investment I have ever made :) ). I usually don't like arcade-style racers, but this one is different. The feeling that you are going really really fast is there, and the cars are not glued to the road like in other arcade racers. The tracks and the environment around them are nicely modeled, and the darker night-tracks have a nice feeling to them. You can also "paint" your car in your favorite colors!

The Bad

One bad thing, not only in this game though, is that you don't get to drive all cars and tracks from the start. It's very frustrating to first drive the bad cars, then get to drive the not-so-bad cars etc. Just give us 10 cars that are all competitive from the start! Also there is no view from inside the car! Gamers who wants realism and always use this view, will be disappointed.

The Bottom Line

A high-speed game with nice feeling and graphics. Any racing-gamer will like this one, both arcade and realism fans.