Motorhead (Windows)

Written by  :  Slawek B (3)
Written on  :  Jul 27, 2004

read more reviews by Slawek B

Summary

Best arcade racing - game I've ever played !

The Good

When talking about good things, first of all - the kick-ass graphics including nice scenery and fantastic lighting which creates a characteristic climate. Great advantage is that you don't need to buy fast computer in order to play it, because its minimal PC requirement is 90MHz for Intel CPU, 16 MB Ram memory, graphics card with support for DirectDraw 5.0 capable to show "high color". Now, tell me Doc- isn't it, what an old (but upgraded a bit) 486 could handle ? With C566, Riva TNT2 and 196 MB Ram memory this game runs more than sweet. The game has many graphics effects that I've never seen before, like skid marks left on the track, light effects (like lens flare effect) and motion blur. With this game you'll really feel the speed (much more than in Need For Speed for example). Motion blur effect increases this feeling even more. What makes this game outstanding also is a very, very good electronic music, played back from CD, that fits in with the game's futuristic climate.

The Bad

The bad thing (as for most games) is that you can't have everything from the beginning. You have to put some effort in order to get better cars and new tracks. The game is not very easy so you have to get used to its level, and this takes some time (you might get bored before).

One very bad thing: No NT compatibility - you will not be able to play this game on Win XP

Apart from that - it's really hard to find something really bad to me in this game...

The Bottom Line

A must-play arcade racing game with nice graphics, great music and overall things making it a very good title in a racing - game history.