DescriptionOn the one hand, Ms. Metaverse is an interactive, futuristic and rather tacky beauty pageant. On the other hand, it's an interesting multimedia plug for developer Virtual Vegas' casino website, VirtualVegas.com.
As a judge for the future’s biggest beauty pageant, the Ms. Metaverse contest, you decide which of ten sassy ladies wins the crown. The contestants, real-life girls filmed and digitized, introduce themselves in full motion video clips; you pick five from the pool and go on judging them in the categories looks, brains and talent. While moving between the judging pavilions in colorful rendered video sequences, you earn money by shooting the contestants – “their artificial stupidity programs could do irreparable damage to Virtual Vegas if allowed to wander around unchecked”, explains the manual. Understood.
While the Looks contest seems to be a sorry excuse to stare at pics of scantily clad women (there’s no nudity in Ms. Metaverse), it also serves to identify males and / or cyborgs which might have slipped into the contest. The Brains and Talent contests display coarse videos of the contestants dancing or performing awkward sketches with Ms. Metaverse host Monty Megabyte (Chris Bonno). Watching these performances costs money, which you earn by shooting girls (see above) or playing a simple slot machine. After you’ve reviewed all the ladies, you may crown one Ms. Metaverse.
Ms. Metaverse offers content downloads via the included Mosaic Direct Browser – see trivia section for a detailed description.
There are no promo images for this game
There are no reviews for this game.
|PC Action||Jul, 1996||10 out of 100||10|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaConsidering that Electromedia published an interactive CD-ROM magazine called "Go Digital", mixing entertainment features with pictures of naked women, and that the company had formerly created adult Quicktime movies, it doesn't come as a surprise that Ms. Metaverse's cast has its share of adult starlets.
- Renee Tenison (playing Nancy Naughtilust) could be considered Ms. Metaverse's prime attraction if she were pictured or at least mentioned on the box - which for some reason isn't the case. Tenison was Playboy's Playmate of the Year 1989.
- Tina New (playing Suzi Starbrite), Ms. Metaverse's cover girl, is a bikini model who, well, habitually forgot to bring her bikini along for the photo shootings. She went on to appear in the "The Bet" episode of the softcore porn series Passion Cove in 2001.
- Melissa Holiday (playing Rhonda Roadmaster) was Playboy's January 1995 playmate. She's the girl with the pink-colored hair on the back of the box.
- Ingrid Balcacer (playing Conchita Castrado) is a lingerie model. She's the Latina on the far right on the back of the box.
- Kayla Allen (playing Jane T. Kirke) had, prior to the Ms. Metaverse shooting, starred in the softporn flick Erotique (1994).