How much time do you spend in each single session when you play games?

Myst (Windows)

3.2
Written by  :  NatsFan (132)
Written on  :  Dec 04, 2006

read more reviews by NatsFan

Summary

Beautiful, yet debatable.

The Good

What does every Myst fan love about the game? It's beautiful. I judge the graphics for a game based on the time that it was made, and this game could possibly be the best ever in that category. It's rich, realistic, and tremendously pleasing to the eye. There are some games--like this one-- which are called incredible by some, but boring by others (kind of like the movie 2001, which I thought was sucky.) Take Loom for example, a lot of people said it was too easy and offered no challenge, but every one else gave it an A+ for its music and story. Myst is a lot like that. The plot may leave some things to be desired, but the graphics will never fail to amaze and astound.

Many people said that the plot was either boring or nonexistent. I, instead, found it existent, but very subtle. I found myself absorbing any hint of a plot I could, and constantly delving for more. As you find the pages, you find yourself constantly wondering which brother you should free. If you find the plot, you'll be completely absorbed, otherwise you could be a bit bored. I found it, and enjoyed every minute of it.

The Bad

OK, I admit, it can be a bit dull at times.

The Bottom Line

This game is truly a game for a very small audience. I personally loved it, and found it very immersing. I'm not sure who'd I'd recommend this game to, but if you love good graphics, you'll worship Myst.