DescriptionThe Mystery of the Mummy
was inspired by The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
. The player is Sherlock Holmes in this point-and-click first-person adventure game.
Lord Montcalfe, a well-known Egyptologist, is missing and is believed by the police to have committed suicide. His daughter, Elisabeth, insists that he is still alive and calls upon her fiancé's cousin, Sherlock Holmes, to prove her theories. Arriving at the manor, Holmes finds that Lord Montcalfe was suffering from a deep paranoia. It seems he had made a terrible mistake and triggered what he believed to be a mummy's curse. Trying to shield himself and others from that curse, he had booby trapped his own home with elaborate locks, some of which were designed to kill anyone who tried to tamper with them.
Holmes investigates mostly in solitary fashion without the aid of his normal sidekick, Watson. Other people in the game appear only in the cut-scenes. Puzzles become more difficult as the story progresses. Find illusive inventory objects and read many documents for clues as you search the secret passages and elaborately decorated rooms of the Montcalfe Manor.
- "木乃伊的秘密" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Шерлок Холмс: 5 египетских статуэток" -- Russian spelling
- "Sherlock Holmes: Tajemnica Mumii" -- Polish title
- "Sherlock Holmes: Le mystère de la momie" -- French title
- "Sherlock Holmes: Il Mistero della Mummia" -- Italian title
- "Sherlock Holmes: el misterio de la momia" -- Spanish title
- "Sherlock Holmes DS: The Mystery of the Mummy" -- Nintendo DS Title (US)
- "Sherlock Holmes DS: Das Geheimnis der Mumie" -- German Nintendo DS title
- "Sherlock Holmes: Das Geheimnis der Mumie" -- German title
- "Sherlock Holmes: Curse of the Mummy" -- Working title
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
|Tap-Repeatedly/Four Fat Chicks
||May 19, 2005
||Feb 12, 2003
||6.5 out of 10
||Mar 05, 2003
||6 out of 10
||Jun 04, 2006
||12 out of 20
||Jan 08, 2004
||58 out of 100
||Feb 13, 2003
||44 out of 100
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)
||Feb 28, 2003
There are currently no topics for this game.
(grid puzzle off the library) in Act V is an anachronism. This type of puzzle was created in 1987 by Non Ishida.