DescriptionIn this third game starring Nancy Drew, the famous teen detective has to solve a mystery in a Victorian mansion in San Francisco. The villa seems to be inhabited by ghosts... but this is not all. Somewhere in this strange house lies a treasure. That's why she's not the only one interested in this mansion. Could it be the antique dealer, the handy-man, the retired teacher, the owner of the estate or someone else? Everyone has something to hide and Nancy must find out who is behind the strange happenings going on.
The game is a standard point-and-click adventure game that includes two difficulty choices (Junior and Senior Detective) and a Second Chance is offered to players who make a fatal mistake. There are a large number of puzzles to be solved, some of which are slightly different depending upon the difficulty level chosen. Setting the time of day in Nancy's bedroom is necessary for certain events to occur or the availability of some in-game characters.
Compared to the previous Nancy Drew games, Message In The Haunted Mansion underwent big changes in design. It is 360 degree with full motion freedom.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Нэнси Дрю: Призрак в гостинице" -- Russian spelling
- "The Mystery Adventures of Nancy Drew: Message in a Haunted Mansion" -- GBA title
- "Nancy Drew 3" -- Informal name
Part of the Following Groups
|A must play for adventurers (of any age) who love a good mystery||Jeanne (76599)|
|Game industry News (GiN)||2001||100|
|UHS (Universal Hint System)||Jun 27, 2001||90|
|GameBoomers||Mar 13, 2006||B+||83|
|Tap-Repeatedly/Four Fat Chicks||Dec, 2000||80|
|Adventure Classic Gaming||Jan 22, 2007||3 out of 5||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaChildren's Software Revue, 2001 All Star Software Award Parents' Choice Gold Award 2000 Nancy Drew: Message In A Haunted Mansion has won the following awards:
Related Web Sites
- Hints for Nancy Drew 3 (UHS Web hints for ND3: Message in a Haunted Mansion)
- Message in a Haunted Mansion - Wikipedia (article about the game in the open encyclopedia)
- Nancy Drew: Message in a Haunted Mansion (product page on the Her Interactive website)
- Walkthrough (A good walkthrough for ND3)