DescriptionIn this point-and-click 1st-person adventure game, Nancy travels to Hawaii to be a research assistant for Dr. Quigley Kim. When she arrives, the locals warn her to stay away from the Hilihili research compound because it is "evil" and has some connection to the legend of Kane 'Okala, a man sacrificed to a hungry volcano. Along with the legend, Nancy is also on the lookout for Dr. Kim who has gone missing, and the cause of some invasive beetles that are damaging the island's plant life. She soon discovers that Joe and Frank Hardy are also on the island for reasons of their own.
Navigate on foot or in a GPS-equipped SUV. Switch between playing as Nancy or one of the Hardy boys depending upon the situation at hand. Mini-games, which provide breaks in the mystery, are included within the game. These include making Hawaiian jewelry, collecting sea shells, fishing, and snorkeling.
As in previous Nancy Drew mystery games, players can pick to be either a Junior or Senior Detective, call friends for help and hints, and choose "Second Chance" if they make a mistake. The ability to change the background of the game screen (aka "skins") is new and the overall introduction and interface is the same as in the prior game in the series, Nancy Drew: Danger by Design.
- "Нэнси Дрю: Чудовище пещеры Капу" -- Russian spelling
- "Nancy Drew 15" -- Common name
- "Les Enquêtes de Nancy Drew: La Créature de Kapu Cave" -- French title
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: Scuba diving / Snorkeling
- Inspiration: Literature
- Nancy Drew licensees
- Protagonist: Female
There are no reviews for this game.
|Game Vortex||Nov 05, 2006||93 out of 100||93|
|Adventure Lantern||Dec, 2006||75 out of 100||75|
|FileFactory Games / Gameworld Network||Oct 27, 2006||65 out of 100||65|
|GamesFirst!||Nov 19, 2006||60|
|Just Adventure||Oct 20, 2006||C+||58|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Sep 14, 2007||10 out of 20||50|
|Detroit Free Press (Freep)||Dec 10, 2006||50|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Mar 09, 2008||10 out of 20||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaUnlike most of the previous Nancy Drew games, Creature of Kapu Cave is an entirely new story and not based on a previously published Nancy Drew book.
Related Web Sites
- Nancy Drew: The Creature of Kapu Cave (Her Interactive's product page for this game)
- The Creature of Kapu Cave (Wikipedia page about this game)
- UHS: Nancy Drew: The Creature of Kapu Cave (Universal Hint System file provides the solutions to the game's puzzles gradually in question and answer format.)