DescriptionThe competition for Valedictorian of the graduating class at Waverly Academy is fierce and has become ugly recently. Some girls have had pranks played on them and there have been some unexplained, life-threatening accidents, all accompanied by a curse note from the "Black Cat." It appears that one of the top contenders will go to extreme lengths to eliminate anyone who stands in her way. It could be that someone else altogether is behind it, but who? This is what Nancy Drew intends to find out. She goes under cover as Becca, a student at the school, to investigate.
Nancy must conform to the rules of the school, like any student. She receives good points for doing things well and demerits when she doesn't. As the "new girl" on campus, Nancy's first objective is to make friends with the suspects so she can ask them about what's been going on. This is not an easy task, since gossip and lies abound and many of them are uncooperative and secretive. To gain their friendship and trust, and to unearth the truth, she will be at their beck and call, helping them with homework or running errands.
Nancy has a cellphone in this game, a new feature, which she uses as a journal, to take pictures and set an alarm clock for switching between day and night. Also new is a Sneak mode, helpful when snooping around and trying to avoid detection by teachers, other students, and the hall monitors. There are mini-games and arcade-like games to be played in connection with various aspects of the story. Solving these many times provides important clues.
Gameplay is point-and-click in 1st person, as is typical for the series. There are two difficulty modes: Junior and Senior Detective.
Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy is the 21st game in the series and is based on the book Nancy Drew: The Curse of the Black Cat by Carolyn Keene (last published in 2001).
- "Нэнси Дрю: Записки черной кошки" -- Russian spelling
- "Nancy Drew 21" -- Informal name
- "Les Enquêtes de Nancy Drew: Panique à Waverly Academy" -- French title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Adventure Classic Gaming||Nov 17, 2009||100|
|Just Adventure||Nov 02, 2009||A-||91|
|GameZone||Nov 03, 2009||9 out of 10||90|
|GameZebo||Oct 20, 2009||80|
|Adventure Gamers||Dec 07, 2009||80|
|Game Chronicles||Oct 20, 2009||7 out of 10||70|
|Gaming Nexus||Dec 18, 2009||B-||67|
|GamingExcellence||Dec 18, 2009||5.7 out of 10||57|
|Mygamer.com||Oct 13, 2009||5.2 out of 10||52|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Oct 18, 2010||10 out of 20||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy (Her Interactive's product page)
- Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy - UHS (Not your ordinary walkthrough, the UHS game guide helps you only as much as you need, hiding the final solutions until you want them.)
- Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy - Walkthrough (by Tom Hayes, posted on GameZebo.com)
- Review on USA Today (an unscored review for Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy (Oct. 29, 2009))
- Warnings at Waverly Academy (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.