NASCAR Road Racing (Windows)

Everyone
Gameplay
Vehicular
Misc
3.0
Written by  :  Katie Cadet (4933)
Written on  :  Jun 04, 2017

read more reviews by Katie Cadet

Summary

A good NASCAR arcade-style racer from EA, but not the best!

The Good

NASCAR Road Racing is more oriented for the arcade-style racer. An excellent rock music track sets the racing intensity for this game. The game mostly features fantasy courses, offering a challenge to NASCAR fans.

The cars and drivers used in the game were taken from the 1998-1999 season, which I liked, although not quite the best selection out there for this game.

The Bad

The game uses a graphics engine and some game elements (audio etc.) from NASCAR 98 and Andretti Racing, both made by EA under an agreement from High Score/StormFront in 1997 for PlayStation and Windows.

Also, there is no force feedback and 3D acceleration in this game. I don't know why they have used a dated graphics engine from StormFront to make this kind of game, but otherwise, I think most people will get used to that mid-90s-ish game engine that the former developers made.

The Bottom Line

NASCAR Road Racing is a good arcade-style racer featuring fantasy courses, however, if you are looking for a better game that is more simulation-oriented, check out NASCAR Racing 2 with the Grand National Series Expansion Pack (They have two different fantasy courses in that pack to check out). But I definitely recommend this game if you want to stick with an easier, and arcade-friendly NASCAR experience that leads you to some wild twists and turns than just the simple oval courses you will find in real NASCAR races. Not the best, but worth it!