NBA Live 2000 Ad Blurbs (Windows)
Advertising BlurbsEA Product Catalog Winter 1999/2000 - PSX / N64 / Win (Ger):
NBA LIVE 2000Der Sport der ganz Großen geht in die nächste Runde. Mach deinen Weg mit brillianter Grafik und perfektem Ballgefühl in der Köngisklasse des Basketball.
NBA Live 2000 - die absolute Basketball-Athmosphäre für PC-CD, Sony Playstation und Nintendo 64.
Contributed by Sicarius (60868) on Aug 20, 2006.
EA Sports brings an Airy touch to the basketball genre.
Yepper, Michael Jordan takes a curtain call in the millennial version of EA Sport's flagship basketball Pak. One-on-one with the greatest player of all time pretty much takes the place of the flashier arcade modes in NBA Courtside 2: Featuring Kobe Bryant, NBA Jam 2000 and (but of course) NBA Showtime.
While being taken to the cleaners by MJ has a distinct charm, the meat-and-potatoes of Live 2000 is a state-of-the-art sim that will stay fresh and challenging long after the cheers in the 2000 Finals fade away.
In sim mode, Live 2000 offers four difficulty levels, quarters lasting two through 12 minutes. You can individually turn off 10 different rules, including out-of-bounds and foul outs, and subtly set referee strictness for both offensive and defensive fouls. You can turn off fatigue or injuries and, when playing against the CPU, adjust the AI to keep scores close.
As you'd expect from an EA Sports game, play control is rock-solid. You can even elect to keep realistic momentum or have players stop on a dime. However, only fans of retro '40s-style ball will want to turn off dunks, another option.
Live 2000 offers 14 offensive strategies. The best choices for giving scoring chances to post players are:
Pick and Roll
For setting up perimeter shots, choose one of the following.
Open up lanes for driving players by choosing
1-4 High, High Post, or Double High.
Generate motion to open up shot opportunities for any of your five players by selecting
Motion, or Sideline Triangle.
You can assign defensive matchups and pick a defensive strategy:
Half Court Press
Half Court Trap
3/4 Court Press
Full Court Press
Unfortunately, the bare-bones strategy menus lack diagrams.
Hey, Good Lookin'!
Developer NuFX, whose impressive resumé includes Live 99, has polished up this year's model with new camera angles, zooming and dramatic cut-scenes. The players look like their real selves, thanks to NuFX's meticulous 3D artists.
In action, player movements are remarkably lifelike. Signature moves include Reggie Miller's fadeaway jumper, Glenn Rice's graceful three-pointer and Tim Hardaway's crossover dribble. Electronic Arts Canada opened up its humongous British Columbia studio for motion-capturing dunks by Timberwolves star Kevin Garnett.
The Sound of the Furious Five
Live 2000 boast a sports-game first: players shouting after big plays. The talent-heavy soundtrack includes George Clinton, Tzant, Run DMC and Naughty by Nature and an original tune, "Shake'n the Floor," by Rahzel and the NBA Live Orchestra. Commentary is provided by TNT's Reggie Theus and the Vancouver Grizzlies' Don Poier.
The N64-exclusive Arcade mode turns off all the rules and juices up the action with monster slams, but the pièce de résistance for off-the-wall action is Michael Jordan in 1 on 1. First to 11, 15 or 21 points wins, and if you're good (or lucky) enough to beat the legend, you can play as him. Too bad you can't taunt him about his ignominious Michael Jordan: Chaos in the Windy City SNES game.
NBA Live 2000 has a full license for NBA teams and players, with the rosters updated August 27, 1999. You can play a season of 28, 56 or 82 games, choose from four playoff lengths and turn the February 17 trade deadline on or off.
Playoff mode skips right to the NBA's second season. Once again, playoff rounds can last as little as one game or as many as seven.
Once again, EA Sports has carefully crafted a Grade A sports sim that's easy to pick up and play but challenging enough to keep you coming back for full season after full season. If the Arcade mode feels a bit thin, the chance to play with his Airness should turn a lot of heads.
Contributed by Evil Ryu (60745) on Aug 16, 2005.
Dieses Spiel wird nicht mehr hergestellt.
- Trainieren oder Managen , Du hast das Sagen
- Verbessertes Gameplay und Spezialbewegungen
- Verbesserte Spieler-Animationen , einschließlich Kommentaren und Kontakten zwischen den Spielern
- Zusätzliche Übergangsszenen, wie z.B. Auswechslungen, Auszeiten, Verletzungen, Aktionen auf dem Spielfeld und Freiwürfe
NEU im Spiel:
- 1-zu-1-Modus: Traditioneller Streetball
- Verbesserte Gesichtsanimationen: Spieler zeigen ihren Gemütszustand Historische All-Star-Teams, einschließlich legendärer NBA-Spieler
- Immer härter werdende historische Spielsituationen
- Präsentationsstil wie bei einer Fernsehübertragung: Realistischere Kamerawinkel
Contributed by Xoleras (65983) on Jul 16, 2005.
NBA Live 2000 bringt Dir die Atmosphäre der NBA in EA SPORTS-Manier. Stelle Dein Können unter Beweis. Täusche Deine Gegner, erlebe die Gesichtsanimationen und Kommentare oder verändere den Lauf der Geschichte, indem Du Begegnungen der Vergangenheit noch einmal austrägst. NBA Live 2000 - die absolute Basketball-Atmosphäre.
- NBA All-Star Kevin Garnett from the Minnesota Timberwolves whose high-flying dunks were motion-captured for use in all versions of the game. Internet play that allows PC users to compete against NBA LIVE fans from around the world.
- Revolutionary FACE IN THE GAME technology that allows PC users to put their own faces in the game to live out their ultimate NBA basketball dreams.
- All new transition sequences for fouls, injuries, high fives, knuckle touches and free throws that bring the user closer to the players and the emotion of NBA basketball.
- Signature player moves like Tim Hardaway's (Miami Heat) crossover dribble, Glenn Rice's (Los Angeles Lakers) three pointer and Reggie Miller's (Indiana Pacers) fadeaway jumper.
- Extensive season mode options for fans who want to call the shots from the front office. The General Manager mode for the PlayStation game console lets users play up to ten seasons while the Franchise Mode for the PC game allows users to play up to 25 seasons.
- Color commentary provided by two-time NBA All-Star Reggie Theus (TNT), who joins play-by-play commentator Don Poier (Vancouver Grizzlies).
- Songs by funk legend George Clinton and hip hop artists Run DMC, Naughty by Nature, Rahzel and Tzant. The NBA LIVE 2000 orchestra also provides original in-game music.
A Game Boy Color version of NBA LIVE 2000 is scheduled to ship in the winter of 2000. The suggested retail price for NBA LIVE 2000 for the PC and the PlayStation game console is U.S. $39.95; the Nintendo 64 version is U.S. $49.95. Consumers may purchase the game directly at the EA Store (http://eastore.ea.com) or by calling EA Direct Sales at 1.800.245.4525. The game carries an ESRB rating of E (Everyone).
EA SPORTS (www.easports.com) is the leading interactive sports software brand in the world. Its top-selling franchises and games include FIFA Soccer, John Madden Football , NHL Hockey, Knockout Kings , NBA LIVE Basketball, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR Golf, Triple Play Baseball and NASCAR 99.
Electronic Arts, headquartered in Redwood City, California, is the worlds leading interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, Electronic Arts posted revenues of more than $1.2 billion for fiscal 1999. The company develops, publishes and distributes software worldwide for personal computers and video game systems. Electronic Arts markets its products under eight brand names: Electronic Arts, EA SPORTS , Maxis , ORIGIN , Bullfrog Productions, Westwood Studios , Gonzo Games and Jane s Combat Simulations. More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://www.ea.com.
Contributed by skl (1135) on Mar 06, 2004.
ELECTRONIC ARTS SHIPS NBA LIVE 2000, THE WORLD S ONLY INTERACTIVE BASKETBALL GAME TO FEATURE NBA LEGEND MICHAEL JORDANREDWOOD CITY, Calif., November 16, 1999-Electronic Arts ’ (Nasdaq:ERTS), the world's largest interactive entertainment software company, today announced it shipped NBA LIVE 2000 for the PlayStation and Nintendo 64 gaming consoles, as well as for the PC. NBA LIVE 2000 is the only interactive basketball game featuring Michael Jordan. In addition to being in the game, Jordan is featured with 1999 NBA Finals Most Valuable Player Tim Duncan in EA SPORTS worldwide packaging and advertising campaigns.
EA SPORTS and Michael Jordan represent the highest quality to me, so it s a real honor to be featured on the cover of NBA LIVE 2000 with Michael, said Tim Duncan of the San Antonio Spurs. I've been playing the NBA LIVE games since NBA LIVE 95. This year s one-on-one option together with the chance to play against great NBA legends - including Michael - makes NBA LIVE 2000 the deepest, best basketball game on the market today.
Now in its sixth year with 18 industry awards for excellence, EA SPORTS NBA LIVE franchise is the best-selling basketball game series with worldwide sales of more than eight million units. In an EA SPORTS worldwide exclusive, more than 50 of the greatest NBA legends of all time are included in the PC and PlayStation games. Game players can compete against five All-Star teams from the 50 s, 60 s, 70 s, 80 s and 90 s to see how the historic greats stack up against today s teams. Using current NBA players or legendary players, fans can also play one-on-one on an outdoor court. The classic match-ups are endless: Dr. J vs. Michael Jordan, Tim Duncan vs. Bill Russell, Shaq vs. Wilt Chamberlain or Allen Iversen vs. Earl The Pearl Monroe.
NBA LIVE 2000 is the most feature-packed game we've ever created, said Stan Chow, producer of the game and a member of the NBA LIVE development team since 1994. We've got more features than ever before, but more importantly we have created a game that thinks, plays and reacts like real NBA basketball thanks to years of hard work by our expert development team. There are a lot of basketball games on the market today, but not one comes close to the depth of game play options EA SPORTS delivers.
NBA LIVE 2000 also features:
Live the NBA attitude!
- EXCLUSIVE MICHAEL JORDAN IN THE GAME!
- NEW PLAY WITH THE GREATS - Exclusive NBA legends from the past five decades All-Star teams
- NEW ONE-ON-ONE MODE - On the street court
- NEW SEE THE ACTION... HERE THE ACTION - New in-game speech allows you to SEE and HEAR player reactions!
- NEW FACE IN THE GAME - Import your face and play in the game!
- NEW ENHANCED GM MODE With full NBA draft and team management
- PLUS DYNAMIC NEW ANIMATIONS And internet game play
- PLUS Commentary from Reggie Theus and Don Poier
Contributed by Roedie (5205) on Apr 28, 2001.