Need for Speed II: SE (Windows)

Written by  :  Jim Fun (222)
Written on  :  Sep 27, 2001

read more reviews by Jim Fun

Summary

One of the best racing games on earth!

The Good

Somehow this game feels faster, whilst immensly popular games like Test Drive 5 feel very very slow, maybe it's the angle of view, or the environment,or maybe the graphics, or the sound, in this game you jump a lot, fly off cliffs, and the tracks are great. Mystic Peaks is a dangerous downhill drive in Nepal. Monolithic Studios is an exciting thrill ride through hollywood. Last resort is a risky drive through Mexico. Pacific Spirit is a wonderful downhill ride in Canada. I feel the need for speed just talking about it, I love the way the tracks are placed around the globe, the cheat codes are some of the best giving you bonus cars (not to mention the weirdest looking), enabling you to drive in a limousine, a school bus, a crate, a block of stone, and a souvenir stand, there are a lot of cars to choose from including a Mclaren F1, and a Mustang Mach 3.

The Bad

There are some very small flaws in the graphics, and some mild faults in the sound.

The Bottom Line

I give EA (Electronic Arts) a 5 out of 5 for this game, and if you're bored playing Test Drive 5 or Nascar 1999, then try this out.