3 out of 4 people found this review helpfulwrite a review of this game
read more reviews by Tomer Gabel
read more reviews for this game
SummaryOne of the freakiest games I've ever played.
The GoodThe Neverhood is the single most bizarre game I've ever encountered, and for a good reason: the guys who made this game are completely insane. Is that a good thing? Hell yeah!
- The game is made entirely out of clay, which is way original and cool... the graphics are excellent and the animations mostly good. So much for the visual side.
- But what about audio? Well, ladies and gentlemen, this game doesn't fail either. It has some of the best pieces of audio I've ever heard from a game, without a shadow of a doubt the most outright insane music I've ever heard. It rocks! I still occasionally hum it to myself just for the fun of it. I can't stress this enough: this game has some kick-ass music!
- The most bizarre setting and gameplay I've ever encountered... this game is just so funny it's unbelievable. If you want an example, just click the tree in the first part of the game three times in a row: you'll see what I mean...
- Puzzles? Hell yeah. Some easy, some difficult, most are simply fun.
- The most outright ridiculous plot I've ever encountered, but it is just so well implemented!
The BadThere are a few puzzles or riddles that should've been left out in my opinion, most notably the practically endless corridor and how to turn on the radio.
Video compression not as good as I had hoped.