NHL 2002 (Windows)

Written by  :  punkus (3)
Written on  :  Aug 23, 2003
Rating  :  4.67 Stars4.67 Stars4.67 Stars4.67 Stars4.67 Stars
read more reviews by punkus

Summary

The Good

NHL 2002's most outstanding feature has to be (aside from the superb graphics) the appeal to players of all skill levels. Whether you are a novice or experienced hockey gamer you will like the fact that you can configure the game to your specifications... When I started playing EA Sports NHL series on the Sega Genesis in the early 1990s the single-player got old after awhile. Not with NHL 2002! It has been on my hard drive for almost two years now.

The Bad

There are a couple of "glitches" within the game that do annoy me from time to time...

1. Own Goal - your forward skates through the crease and accidently pushes the puck past your goalie;
2. Colour Commentary - it did get on my nerves the first six months but nowadays I hardly notice Don Taylor's idiotic attempt at humour :P
3. Floater Goal - while trying to make a saucer pass to the players in front of the net, the puck will "float" by everyone and over the goalies shoulder.

The Bottom Line

If you are a hockey fan (or just like hockey gaming) NHL 2002 should be part of your collection. What makes a good game great? It's replayable and it's fun to play. NHL 2002 has both of these elements in abundance.