DescriptionSixty years after the defeat of the Nazis, construction workers come upon an old German tunnel complex west of Prague. Martin Holan, a young archeologist, is given permission to enter and investigate the contents. Inside he will find vaults of information concerning an unknown planet in our solar system called NiBiRu. He learns that the Nazis hired a brilliant scientist during the war to make use of Nibiru's secrets, but the end of the war prevented them from finishing their plan. Now, Martin must unearth all that was discovered and find out the current implications of their plot.
NiBiRu is an updated version of the 1998 game Posel Bohů by the same developers. It is essentially a remake with updated graphics, music and puzzles, but the story remains the same as the earlier game.
The story will take Martin, the main player character, to interesting locations including the Prague mining site and its underground passages, Paris, and a small Mexican town with Mayan ruins nearby.
Players control Martin in 3rd person perspective. The interface is completely mouse-driven in point-and-click fashion, and the use of both left and right mouse buttons is necessary to succeed. Inventory appears at the bottom of the screen and hides when not in use. Access the main menu by pointing to the top right of the screen and clicking. In addition, there are unlimited game save slots and optional subtitles.
Many puzzles and obstacles come into play including interaction with a large number of interactive non-player characters. Puzzle types vary in difficulty and include traditional inventory, situation-based ones as well as several real brain teasers.
Martin is unable to run, but a double-click on an "exit" door warps him to the next screen. When death occurs, the game restores to the place immediately before the mistake was made.
- "Нибиру. Посланник богов" -- Russian spelling
- "Nibiru：奥秘的时代" -- Chinese spelling (Simplified)
- "NI•BI•RU: Wysłannik Bogów" -- Polish title
- "Ni.Bi.Ru: Sur la piste des dieux Mayas" -- French title
- "NI.BI.RU: Posel Bohů" -- Czech title
- "Ni.Bi.Ru: Messenger of the Gods" -- UK title
- "NiBiRu: Messaggero degli Dei " -- Italian title
- "NI•BI•RU: el mensajero de los dioses" -- Spanish title
- "NI•BI•RU: Der Bote der Götter" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
|Worth playing for every adventure lover!||Jeanne (76645)|
|A highly typical, 3rd Person, 2D point and click adventure game||CBMan (222)|
|A game that just sucks you in||matt cohen (12)|
|Adventures - Kompakt||2007||9 out of 10||90|
|Gamers.at||Mar 19, 2005||87 out of 100||87|
|Just Adventure||Jun 28, 2005||B+||83|
|AdventureDOT||Apr 12, 2005||80 out of 100||80|
|PC Games (Germany)||Apr 10, 2005||79 out of 100||79|
|Adventurearchiv||Mar 16, 2005||75 out of 100||75|
|4Players.de||Mar 22, 2005||69 out of 100||69|
|IGN||Sep 22, 2005||6.8 out of 10||68|
|Gameinatrix||Oct 12, 2005||B-||67|
|Adventure Classic Gaming||Nov 24, 2006||2 out of 5||40|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Nibiru Hint - How to come back to the lab?||1||Juliana Queiroz
Nov 22, 2008
German versionIn the German version, all swastikas were removed or replaced. In one logic puzzle, other symbols associated with the Nazi regime were also removed.
This is most notable in one switch puzzle which was changed to have another solution: in the original version, the solution is to create a swastika pattern. After solving the puzzle, the in-game display of the opened door still shows the original pattern.
Related Web Sites
- NiBiRu: Age of Secrets (official website)
- Developer Interview (Adventure Advocate - Interview with Future Games - Martin Malik, Zdenek Houb)
- Hints for NiBiRu (Full solutions provided in question and answer format.)
- Ni.Bi.Ru (Official German web site)
- NI . BI . RU (Future Games NiBiRu site)
- NI.BI.RU (Official French web site)
- Ni.Bi.Ru: Age of Secrets (The Adventure Company's North American Official Site (English))
- NiBiRu: Age of Secrets (Official English Web Site)
- NI BI RU Files and Patches (downloadable from this site from 3D Gamers)
- NiBiRu Walkthrough (by TallyHo)