Advertising BlurbsMatrix Games website:
- Over 150 different units featuring all important historical weapon systems with up to 23 different characteristics
- Experience based promotion system that offers the player 47 different upgrades to create individual units
- Three historical campaigns from the start of Operation Barbarossa until the Battle of Berlin and a tutorial campaign that provides easy access for beginners
- Interactive, animated 3D environment and detailed 3D units
- Visible weather system with five weather types that influence ground and air units
- Expanded strategic options like destruction and repair of infrastructure and fortifications
- Special unit capabilities like engineers and paratroops
- Included Campaigns and Scenarios:
- Tutorial Campaign - Prague (March 15, 1939), Kutno (September 9-19, 1939), Eben-Emael (May 10-11, 1940), Belgrade (April 6-12, 1941), also separate Paratrooper Tutorial scenario
- German Operation Barbarossa Campaign (June 22 - December 9, 1941) - Bialystok, Minsk, Kishinev, Uman, Leningrad, Kiev, Vyazma, Volokolamsk, Moscow
- Soviet Great Patriotic War Campaign (November 28, 1941 - May 2, 1945) - Moscow, Kalinin, Stalingrad, Leningrad, Kursk, Dniepr, Minsk, Vistula-Oder, Berlin
- German Case Blue Campaign (June 28 - August 27, 1942) - Voronezh, Rostov-on-Don, Maikop, Mozdok
- Individual Scenarios - Drive on Stalingrad 1942, Dubno-Brody 1941, Kharkov 1943, Vyazma 1941, Wintergewitter 1942, Zitadelle 1943, Berlin 1945, Autumn 1943 (Multiplayer), Smolensk 1941 (Multiplayer), Kharkov 1943 (Multiplayer), Kishinev 1941 (Multiplayer), Summer 1944 (Multiplayer)
OverviewThe Fate of the Eastern Front is in your hands!
On June 22, 1941 an avalanche of 153 German divisions crash into the Soviet Union and the largest military operation in history is begun: Operation Barbarossa. In this elegant turn-based strategy game, compelling gameplay combines with gripping history to create an addictive mix. Aimed at all levels, this is an entertaining and mentally challenging game of combined arms strategy.
Contributed by Jeanne (75451) on Mar 17, 2010.