Forums > Game Forums > Pajama Sam: Games to Play on Any Day > An absolutely unavailable game

Nowhere Girl (8680) on 1/8/2014 11:33 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Well, everyone knows that there are some not-so-legal sources of games. However, this game isn't available at a certain site. The real problem is that not even legal sources work. I can't buy this game anywhere, now - over 10 years after it was released - NOBODY is selling it! No copy worldwide being sold! I'll check it out again, but some to weeks ago not a single copy was being offered aywhere. Maybe someone could help me find it?...
Other Humongous Entertainment games are available, all are possible to get through legal sources. This one has become completely obscure...

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 1/8/2014 4:21 PM · Permalink · Report

From my experiences in North American thrift stores, I can say with great confidence that a pretty much complete HE collection could be made with three half-hour visits to three stores, probably for no more than $15. Local availability may differ.

is_that_rain_or_tears (634) on 1/10/2014 12:03 AM · Permalink · Report

The game in question here was released during/just-after publisher's take over, and is said to be «very rare» though..

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 1/10/2014 12:23 AM · Permalink · Report

Then I stand corrected!

Nowhere Girl (8680) on 1/31/2014 9:13 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--]From my experiences in North American thrift stores, I can say with great confidence that a pretty much complete HE collection could be made with three half-hour visits to three stores, probably for no more than $15. Local availability may differ. [/Q --end Pseudo_Intellectual wrote--] I have never been outside Europe, so a "North American thrift store" is quite unavailable too...

Mr. Eight-Three-One (1840) on 2/2/2014 1:00 AM · Permalink · Report

Sadly this game is ridiculously painful to find. It was released at the tail end of Humongous Entertainment's peak. It had practically zero marketing and has never been re-released, ever. Unlike the Junior Adventures which have been released dozens upon dozens of times even after Humongous died, this one never got published again. I still have yet to find this game as well; I've been on a near two-year thrift shopping spree and I've never come across it. It really doesn't surprise me that warez downloads are non-existent for that reason. It's a pretty unknown game, and the only advice I can really offer is to be patient and wait for it to become available.

Indra was here (20756) on 2/2/2014 1:53 AM · Permalink · Report

Amateurs. :p

Found it (145 MB) and currently downloading. I'll let you if it actually works.

Indra was here (20756) on 2/2/2014 4:06 AM · Permalink · Report

Works fine. Have to use ScummVM though.

Mr. Eight-Three-One (1840) on 2/2/2014 5:59 AM · Permalink · Report

There's a Humongous Alumni page on Facebook if you want to check there first. I know Dave Timoney worked for Humongous and uploaded a lot of his old box covers to the site (including this very game), but he hasn't been active for about a year now. [Q --start Indra was here wrote--]Works fine. Have to use ScummVM though. [/Q --end Indra was here wrote--] Mostly. According to the site, Jumping Beans freezes after the introduction. It apparently has been a known bug for years but has not ever been fixed. Just thought you'd want to know that.

Game Guesser (28) on 2/2/2014 5:14 AM · Permalink · Report

Have you tried contacting people who might have been working at/with Humongous at the time to see if they might have a copy or two, or know someone who does? Email, Twitter, Facebook....I'd be surprised if you couldn't find at least a half a dozen people worth asking.