You know where it went in. You know where it came out... but how did it get there? Roll a ball through covered pathways watching and listening carefully for any kind of movement. Did the ball just hit a Bouncer and then a Splitter right there and there? Perfect! That’s one path down, and a whole bunch more to go! Welcome to the world of Pathstorm!
The full version of Pathstorm is chock full of features:
* Over 130 standard levels without time limits.
* 60+ timed challenge levels.
* Many kinds of playfield objects to give your mind a workout.
o Bouncers deflect balls 90 degrees.
o 4-Directional Bouncers can reflect balls back the way they came or even send them straight through!
o Splitters take one ball and turn it into 3 balls.
o Shifters shift the ball clockwise or counterclockwise and send it on its way in its original direction.
o Twirlers deflect the ball either clockwise or counterclockwise.
o Scramblers are playfield objects that don’t necessarily face the right way. If incorrect, the ball exits at the wrong location.
o Switchers change direction any time they are hit by the ball.
o Fast and slow balls add to the challenge.
* Embark on a Journey through distant lands collecting trophies to bring back to your village.
o Every time you Reset a Journey, a new set of Journey levels are created. It’s different every time you start over!
o Massive, colorful map unlocks itself as you proceed.
o 50 animated Journey story rewards.
* Rotated levels provide a whole different point of view.
* 10 playfield themes.
* Interactive tutorials describe every gameplay feature.
* Two game types... It’s like playing completely different games!
o Magic Balls Mode - Solve each puzzle by watching the balls through gaps in the level tiles! Objects light up when hit in Find the Exits levels.
o Mystery Balls Mode - Balls are invisible, even for cleared paths, and you're completely on your own in Find the Exits levels.
* Special power-up buttons available to help you solve the level: o Not sure where the ball is in a mess of bounces? The Magic Ball button could be just the ticket you need to find that last Bouncer.
o The Hint button can be used to show you the location of the next hidden object on the path.
o Turn the entire level into scramblers with the All Scramblers button.
* Generate nearly endless levels in the Puzzle menu. o Build levels from 5×5 to 30×20.
o Control how many Bouncers, Splitters, Shifters, Twirlers, Scramblers, and Switchers end up on your level.
o Throw in randomly placed walls in the middle of the level for extra fun.
o Tweak every setting that goes into level creation, including those used to create the Journey and Challenge levels.
o and more...!
* Create and Edit your own levels.
* Access all your Favorite levels!
o Save any level as a Favorite to play later.
o Compete against yourself, your family, or your friends.
o Email levels to your friends, complete with the last state you left it in.
o Share levels with other player profiles on the same computer.
o Drop any emailed level on your desktop, and double click it to play.
o Retrieve new Cavebug Games provided levels from our forums.
Contributed by Macs Black (77755) on Feb 16, 2008.