Plane Crazy (Windows)

Official Site
3.1
Written by  :  James Walter (242)
Written on  :  Feb 26, 2001
read more reviews by James Walter

Summary

Bizzare plane racing game

The Good

I would like to say that I'm not one for flying simulations, I got this game free with a new PC. I have only played this game a few times and I think that the best thing about it are the graphics. Detailed backgrounds and interesting (if perhaps a bit too difficult) courses.

The Bad

The controls! I have never seen such clumsy controls in a game. The difficult controls in the game mean that you are almost constantly crashing into the surrounding scenery as you struggle to control the plane. Another annoying feature is the constant feeling that you're not going anywhere. You look at the speed indicator at it says you're going 500mph. Then you look at the race and it looks as if you're not going anywhere. The courses, I think, are also a bit too tricky. There is one course called 'Volcano Rapids', have you ever tried to navigate a plane through a narrow gorge filled with volcanic lava?

The Bottom Line

Overall the graphics are good and the whole idea is quite interesting. However, the game suffers from clumsy controls combined with difficult course designs. Combine these two problems and navigating the courses can become a nightmare. Don't waste good money on it. If, like I did, you get it free with a new PC or a similar situation then give it a go but if you see it elsewhere or if flying simulations are not your thing then it might be for the better that you give this game a miss.