Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor (Windows)

2.4
Written by  :  Indra is here (19707)
Written on  :  Mar 10, 2002
Rating  :  1.14 Stars1.14 Stars1.14 Stars1.14 Stars1.14 Stars

read more reviews by Indra is here

Summary

Second that opinion: AD&D in the Gutter. This game is Blasphemy!

The Good

Uh...that's a tough one. Well I do admit that the background graphics are very good, although when you see your characters move, you can see something went wrong...hahaha

Although I do "sense" what the creators of this game were "trying" to achieve, they didn't do a very good job of doing it....(sigh)

The Bad

Ahh...my favorite part, the don't likes of the game.

OH MY GOD! Should start this statement...what were they thinking when creating this game. I don't know about you, but the technical requirements are of this game is a little heavy, I couldn't see the intro (do you need a 3-D card? I'm not sure).

These guys have stuck a dagger to the Pool of Radiance Legend straight in the heart. I can say that the creators of this game are more interested in finding a market to sell, that creating a good game. You can see that they put a LOT of effort in the graphics, but that's all the effort they did put.

The battle engine is a down right insult. Never in my life time have I found an RPG so IRRITATING. The menu's are so hard to use, that mouse pointer doesn't seem to go where you want it to go.

The characters are very rigid, in moving. This you'll find out when fighting the bad guy. Its kinda strange that you can actually lose the fight because your character can't stop moving when you're telling him to attack...AAARRGGGHHH!

That's enough insults, I'm sure you get the picture. Be sure to find a good shrink after playing this game....hahaha

The Bottom Line

Its blasphemy. Don't even think of getting this game.