Progress Quest (Windows)

Progress Quest Windows Intro screen

MISSING COVER

Also For
3.4
Written by  :  Mirrorshades2k (273)
Written on  :  Jan 23, 2007

read more reviews by Mirrorshades2k

Summary

[||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||..........]

The Good

Simple, amusing little diversion -- almost hard to call it a game, though there is some interaction at the beginning. Fans of RPGs be entertained by the various descriptions of items ("+32 Custom Impressive Diamond Mail"), monsters ("Beef Giants"), spells ("Cone of Annoyance"), etc....

The game also has an online component, whereby your character's statistics are periodically uploaded to the servers of the realm you choose to play in, and you can see how you stack up against the other players. You can also join a guild in the online version, though I haven't seen what impact that has on the game itself.

The Bad

The only real gripe I have is that advancing in levels gets significantly slower the higher up you get. While not unheard of on its own, I have noticed that once I reached level 60 or thereabouts, my character seems to only gain one level every couple weeks.

Not that it affects my life in any way whatsoever, though, since sometimes I even forget I have the game running. It's just kind of annoying when I do remember and check on it.

The Bottom Line

Interesting to watch on the screen, though gets a bit repetitive after a little while. More fun to just leave running on a computer somewhere and periodically check in on. (If you play the online version, you can check your progress using a web browser.)